Quincy-Huskins

Mrazek
Howard

**Subject to Change**

NHL.COM Preview
Redden hits 1000 Games

Last edited:

OCTA8ON*

You might want to change your lines for the blues. According to Rutherford, Tarasenko and Stewart have switched places. I'm pumped to see Berglund with Tarasenko and McDonald with Stewart.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
does that mean tarasenkos gonna get less playing time? or do you guys think it will be the same as usual. he's so dynamic, kind of wish he was on our #1 PP unit

Aug 3, 2010
How has Redden been with Pietrangelo? Is that where he has played regularly so far? I'm asking mainly because of Cole's progress and it seems he doesn't get to play much with Redden around...

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
i must say that the more and more i look at that third line the more i like it. I'm thinking schwartz breaks out tonight and all those people bashing him lately just eat there words. Schwart 1G and 2A, Tarasenko, 2G, and Bergie with 2A.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
How has Redden been with Pietrangelo? Is that where he has played regularly so far? I'm asking mainly because of Cole's progress and it seems he doesn't get to play much with Redden around...

Yeah, Redden has been paired with Petro and has only came out of the team when he was ill last week. Personally, I think Cole has performed better than Redden and I can't say I'm very happy that Redden remains in the line-up tonight.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012

Reddens been steady defensively, smart and quick with the puck, while unleashing his cannon of a slapshot. It's not as much cole as it is redden showing flashes of his 2006 self.

Linus

Nov 27, 2010
St. Louis
Love the Schwartz-Berglund-Tarasenko line. I'm disappointed to see Tarasenko and McDonald split up, because they work well together, but I feel good about the new line.

Meatwagon

Blues=Overrated
Nov 15, 2010
Bi-polar Express
Love the Schwartz-Berglund-Tarasenko line. I'm disappointed to see Tarasenko and McDonald split up, because they work well together, but I feel good about the new line.

I'm also pumped to see the Schwartz-Berglund-Frank line. 2 strong puck cycles and a sniper. I really think Jaden and Frank are going to gel, I don't know why, just a hunch I guess. Jaden is one of those guys who can pull off the sneaky pass and Frank can get a shot off in a phone booth, could be a match made in heaven. Or it could be terrible. Stewart should always be with Mac. Stewy needs to play on a line that can score off the rush and Mac is probably the best puck rusher on this team.

I expect a bounce back game in a big way, Elliott steps up FINALLY and the Blues win 5-1
2g and 1a for Frank
1g and 2a for Schwartz
1g and 1a for Petro
1g Steen
1g Oshie
4a for Shattendueces

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Reddens been steady defensively, smart and quick with the puck, while unleashing his cannon of a slapshot. It's not as much cole as it is redden showing flashes of his 2006 self.

I certainly wouldn't go that far. We have lost 6 even strength goals with Redden on the ice in his 5 games. Obviously he isn't solely to blame, but that has got to significantly improve.

He hasn't been bad, that is about all that can be said at this stage.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
I predict we see Schwartz on the score sheet tonight playing with Frank. Hoping for a big bounce back win tonight. Go Blues!

Also nice to see Blanick back at it with the GDT!

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I predict we see Schwartz on the score sheet tonight playing with Frank. Hoping for a big bounce back win tonight. Go Blues!

Also nice to see Blanick back at it with the GDT!

Its good be back. Figured after the last two games the Blues needed me back.:laugh:

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I certainly wouldn't go that far. We have lost 6 even strength goals with Redden on the ice in his 5 games. Obviously he isn't solely to blame, but that has got to significantly improve.

He hasn't been bad, that is about all that can be said at this stage.

Agree. Redden hasn't been anything special. He's been ok but has issues. The Blues haven't fixed their problem with the top pairing, especially now that Pietrangelo has changed his game to try to be more like Erik Karlsson (offense-first, defense sometimes). They still need to fix that hole.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I really don't like the idea of splitting up Tarasenko and Mac. They have been SO good together. They really seem to have some chemistry. I will happily eat my words if Schwartz and Tarasenko hook up for a goal or two, but it just seems like a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" situation. The team needed fixing, no doubt. That line, though, has been by far our best.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Stewart bags 2 tonight. Tarasenko gets back on the scoresheet as him and Bergie go 1g and 1a. Hitchcock has an itchy trigger finger again and slides Sobotka up on the Tarasenko line. oshie backes and perron are shut out again. 4-2 W

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Best of luck to you guys for Redden's 1000th game; hoping you can pull off a win to celebrate.

Cheers,

Twisted Blue

Feb 4, 2013
St. Louis
Have to work tonight so missing the game, thank you God for dvr! Seriously hope Hitchcock get the Blues back on track cause the last two games have left me with mental scars. No more excuses!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad