GDT: Game #10 Sharks vs Ducks @ Ponda Center 5pm PDT - Crummy Forgotten Doodles Edition

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
I never thought I would, but I really do like having John Scott on this team. I think he's been a serviceable 4th liner, and has provided a lot of entertainment already.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I never thought I would, but I really do like having John Scott on this team. I think he's been a serviceable 4th liner, and has provided a lot of entertainment already.

I'd legitimately rather have Scott than Brown. Brown's speed gives him the illusion of being slightly useful but he's really really not.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

His fists literally knocked Jackman to the ice...twice.

Not so tough when not fighting skinny non-fighers, eh Jackie.

Used to be Clowe's personal punching bag with La/Nyi/Cal

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
About the Scott "leaving the bench" thing.

Wouldn't every "staged" fight be breaking that rule too? Two guys "leave" the bench and before making a hockey play, drop the gloves to fight.

It really isn't a huge issue, but it was made into a big deal when it really wasn't.

I agree but the NHL sees it different. He needs to at least make it look like he is going on the ice to join the play. He didn't and went straight to Jackman. Hey, I don't like Jackman and hate how he picks his spots. Scott did what he had to do. What I am saying is that he may be in trouble for it being crystal clear what his intentions were that shift. He stepped on the ice and went straight to Jackman. The NHL hates that. I bet the NHL makes a statement with him.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I still would rather not have a player that gets benched most of the 3rd.

As sad as it is burish has been okay. Winning d zone faceoffs and just clogging up lanes. If we can improve on him we should but a Scott-desi-brown line is terrifyingly bad.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I agree but the NHL sees it different. He needs to at least make it look like he is going on the ice to join the play. He didn't and went straight to Jackman. Hey, I don't like Jackman and hate how he picks his spots. Scott did what he had to do. What I am saying is that he may be in trouble for it being crystal clear what his intentions were that shift. He stepped on the ice and went straight to Jackman. The NHL hates that. I bet the NHL makes a statement with him.

I disagree. He should not worry about the supplemental discipline. Scott made his statement and the team benefited from it. Him getting suspended only helps the team anyway so they don't really lose anything if they do suspend him. With something like this, it's likely 2 or 3 games at most because it's not the leaving the bench automatic 10 game that they normally do.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands

Should be 8 penalties for this exact rule here. All 8 went onto the ice to fight one another, no "hockey plays" happened.

It's a super slippery slope. Unlike the Clarkson or Goddard plays where they came onto the ice when a fight was occurring.

I'm really not upset, but it just seems like SJ gets all these marginal suspensions for not really doing the letter of the law. Just like Torres hitting Stoll in the shoulder.

5H4RK5

May 3, 2007
All teams be forewarned we are planning a McDavid and or Eichel draft party contribute by pushing our guys they seem to like it when it gets a little rough. :laugh:

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
I disagree. He should not worry about the supplemental discipline. Scott made his statement and the team benefited from it. Him getting suspended only helps the team anyway so they don't really lose anything if they do suspend him. With something like this, it's likely 2 or 3 games at most because it's not the leaving the bench automatic 10 game that they normally do.

You shouldn't disagree because I LOVED what he did. The Sharks gain much more from what he did than if he didn't do it. He did what needed to be done. Message sent, message delivered. Scott isn't in SJ to win the Norris, he is there to win space for the star players. IF a small suspension is delivered, Brown will fill in fine short term. Long term, opponents will know that they have to answer to Scott if they run around. Good on Scott.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
You shouldn't disagree because I LOVED what he did. The Sharks gain much more from what he did than if he didn't do it. He did what needed to be done. Message sent, message delivered. Scott isn't in SJ to win the Norris, he is there to win space for the star players. IF a small suspension is delivered, Brown will fill in fine short term. Long term, opponents will know that they have to answer to Scott if they run around. Good on Scott.

Brown can't fill in right now though, he has a hand injury.

GodHatesTheSharks

Nov 20, 2010
The Ducks are a soft team. Their fans can bring up how many cups they've won compared to the Sharks, but it won't change the scoreboard.

Off to Colorado.

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
Oh crap. That is what I get for working so much OT in prep for a long Florida trip. My team is Edmonton, but I always keep track of teams with former Soo Greyhound players like Joe Thornton (or Spaz as he was known here). That said, more is gained from Scott than lost, regardless of suspension or not. Me thinks the NHL has more of an issue with skilled players targeted like they were tonight. Blue collar wins championships. I think the teal turned a shade blue tonight.

Hangemhigh

Dec 20, 2013
The bench during Mueller-Getzbald incident
B06rrDqCEAARlr2.jpg

Wallpaper! :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad