3224222.jpg

4562892625_f1acf2d228_z.jpg

hi-res-81777700_crop_north.jpg

briere.jpg

enlarged_hockey.jpg

5185545117_bfcf7ae695_z.jpg

120424codymcleod.jpg

ir6j2t.jpg

nathan-mackinnon-nhl-stanley-cup-playoffs-minnesota-wild-colorado-avalanche-850x560.jpg

:sharks

Hertl-Thornton-Pavelski
Marleau-Couture-Wingels
Sheppard-Tierney-Nieto
McGinn-Desjardins-Burish

Vlasic-Braun
Mueller-Burns
Hannan-Demers

Niemi

*pretty much entirely assumption, will update if possible

:avs

Tanguay-Duchene-Iginla
Landeskog-MacKinnon-O'Reilly
McGinn-Mitchell-Talbot
McLeod-Cliche-Briere

Hejda-Johnson
Stuart-Barrie
Holden-Redmond

Varlamov

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Love the theme of this thread, I'm still pretty sure Holden's better now than he was in the AHL though.:laugh:

And Look at that Synergy, man I loved those sticks.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I've been keeping my Cliche comments to myself for a long time, but after reading the PGT I can no longer hold it in.

You guys all make him out to be so much worse than what he is! THERE, I SAID IT! :laugh:
I have no problem with him on the 4th line and honestly I didn't mind him last year. Sure he has negative offensive talent but he's fine defensively. The truth is, he's been better than Mcleod since he got here.

I don't see anything special in Cliche but he doesn't do as much harm as some other players. He's good on faceoffs and is a decent PK'er. I think what made me finally admit this is the fact that somebody on the other thread made a headshake or "help" emoticon when another poster said at least Cliche can skate.
If you don't think Cliche can skate you are blinded by your hatred for him. He is an above average skater. That isn't where his problems lay.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I've been keeping my Cliche comments to myself for a long time, but after reading the PGT I can no longer hold it in.

You guys all make him out to be so much worse than what he is! THERE, I SAID IT! :laugh:
I have no problem with him on the 4th line and honestly I didn't mind him last year. Sure he has negative offensive talent but he's fine defensively. The truth is, he's been better than Mcleod since he got here.

I don't see anything special in Cliche but he doesn't do as much harm as some other players. He's good on faceoffs and is a decent PK'er. I think what made me finally admit this is the fact that somebody on the other thread made a headshake or "help" emoticon when another poster said at least Cliche can skate.
If you don't think Cliche can skate you are blinded by your hatred for him. He is an above average skater. That isn't where his problems lay.

I too feel there needs to be a support group for those who don't hate Cliche (and Talbot for that matter).

Wonder if this board implodes if Winchester lets them down by not being as good as expected for a 4th liner.

Everyone has their goats though, so it has to be. I'll admit mine are currently Roy (the coach and assistant GM), ROR, chemistry, and 3 years of Stuart who has not been horrid, but not that good either.

Hopefully tonight we continue to see improvement from the guys who really can impact the game like Landeskog, MacK, Barrie, and ROR.

Thinking some goals will get scored though, so 5-3 Sharks is my guess.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

Agreed. Except about last year. He was a complete black hole on offense and defensively he was below average IMO. He seems to be better now though. Quicker, tougher and just plain better in the D zone. Seems to be better in the FO circle as well. I really dont hate seeing him on the ice now.

I would still prefer a guy like Everberg, but that has more to do with Everberg than Cliche. And I could really care less if it was Cliche, McLeod or Talbot sitting in favor of Everberg, which is not something I would have said a few agmes ago.. Im sure Cliche would be the one to sit though. Talbot provides a lot of the same things Cliche does but he is more physical and has that leadership quality to him. McLeod is one of the captains so doubt he sits.

I had the same thought with that speed comment. The guy is a decent skater.

I too feel there needs to be a support group for those who don't hate Cliche (and Talbot for that matter).

Wonder if this board implodes if Winchester lets them down by not being as good as expected for a 4th liner.

Everyone has their goats though, so it has to be. I'll admit mine are currently Roy (the coach and assistant GM), ROR, chemistry, and 3 years of Stuart who has not been horrid, but not that good either.

Hopefully tonight we continue to see improvement from the guys who really can impact the game like Landeskog, MacK, Barrie, and ROR.

Thinking some goals will get scored though, so 5-3 Sharks is my guess.

Yeah, i think the expectations for Winchester are already getting a little crazy. People are going to turn on him quick after a few mistakes.

captaincheese

The BillDozer ~ PS4
Nov 1, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario
This one will be interesting.. Will Joe Thornton have his mind on the game, or vegas?:sarcasm:

Hope we pull out the win, my brothers a SJ fan.

Time to pray to my Sakic Shrine.
20131225_112830_zps5d5cdb16.jpg

Last edited:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

He's slow physically and mentally so he's among the easiest players to play against. No pressure. A few easy passes and you're in Avs zone. That's why he and his line are often just chasing in the defensive zone.

McLeod has been equally useless.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I have a good feeling about this one.

I've got a bad feeling about this one.

I was optimistic for most of October but I'm starting to think that it is going to take till mid November if not later for this team to get it together. 2-5 Sharks.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
No Roy in Quebec picture?

This would have been a good idea. Maybe I'll add it later.

This week is going to be tough. If they somehow pull it together, would be huge. Not really optimistic.

I don't expect miracles from Winchester but he did look good in preseason. Anyone remember that pass to Landy vs the Habs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad