GDT: Game 10 Quackers @ VGK 7pm To Petro or not Petro

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Due to covid protocol, tonight's post game media availability is cancelled. ****ing beautiful.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Gallant had his faults but I think he would have loved how Whitecloud turned into a hitting machine in the post season.

Whitecloud wasn’t playing when Gallant was coaching, even when the defense was a mess and Martinez wasn’t even on the team yet. He didn’t really get a chance to prove himself until he was inserted into the lineup.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
They've both been playing well with their current linemates. Why switch up what's currently working.

During a full season I'd agree with you but the faster they get Glass playing top 6 minutes helping Patches & Stone, the better off they'll be in the playoffs.

(see the Dallas series where they really needed a true 1C)

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Whitecloud wasn’t playing when Gallant was coaching, even when the defense was a mess and Martinez wasn’t even on the team yet. He didn’t really get a chance to prove himself until he was inserted into the lineup.

Whitecloud was injured to start the last season and he didn't get called up until after Gallant was fired.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
During a full season I'd agree with you but the faster they get Glass playing top 6 minutes helping Patches & Stone, the better off they'll be in the playoffs.

(see the Dallas series where they really needed a true 1C)

I think it's beneficial for Tuch to keep Glass with him. He & Roy found some great chemistry during the playoffs. Now you add Glass to that line who is a perfect compliment & a natural set up man, I think they can keep the points rolling.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Are you seriously giving Deboer props on his handling of rookies?

Whitecloud was handled differently than Glass. Whitecloud got some playing time and was put into positions that gave him a good chance to succeed.

Reactions: HanSolo

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I think it's beneficial for Tuch to keep Glass with him. He & Roy found some great chemistry during the playoffs. Now you add Glass to that line who is a perfect compliment & a natural set up man, I think they can keep the points rolling.

I'm not sure what the solution is for the wings apart from either keeping Marchy attached at the hip to Karlsson or trading him.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Whitecloud was injured to start the last season and he didn't get called up until after Gallant was fired.

That’s my point though. He didn’t get called up until Gallant was gone. Whitecloud still played 35 games for Chicago.

He was playing games for Chicago in October, November, December and January. He played for Vegas in February.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
So are they finally going to give up and waive Legend in the Own Minds Kolesar when the time comes? Watch we will all gasp when it happens and then he will clear waivers.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Still think the sooner we can get Glass in the top 6 the better. No rush right now but Glass' development should be the priority, not Tuch's output.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Still think the sooner we can get Glass in the top 6 the better. No rush right now but Glass' development should be the priority, not Tuch's output.
It appears there could possibly be more time off to think about it.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
That’s my point though. He didn’t get called up until Gallant was gone. Whitecloud still played 35 games for Chicago.

He was playing games for Chicago in October, November, December and January. He played for Vegas in February.

Maybe Gallant would have played him though. I don’t know. I was wondering about that.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Laugh that Ducks fans on here call the team lucky this game. I feel they are lucky that Miller flashed so much leather this game. He saved a good few should be goals.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
So if Nosek has Covid, what is to stop the entire team being placed on the protocol list since the entire team was with him on the bench at one point? I expect another round of postponements. The Lake Tahoe game is in jeopardy.

On the game, ugly win.

Too many turnovers.

Last edited:

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Out of an abundance of caution...
stephen-colbert-screaming-gif.gif

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
The red really did look nice but as a long time hockey fan in Vegas they really should have gone with a Thunder color scheme. If you asked me before the jerseys were unveiled what colors the Wranglers wore I honestly couldn't tell you. We used to go watch the Thunder all the time but I could never get into the Wranglers so maybe it's just my own personal nostalgia bias.

How many games can be postponed before there is just too many to be made up? There is some sort of buffer period built in at the end of the season but you can only play so many games in a week.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
The red really did look nice but as a long time hockey fan in Vegas they really should have gone with a Thunder color scheme. If you asked me before the jerseys were unveiled what colors the Wranglers wore I honestly couldn't tell you. We used to go watch the Thunder all the time but I could never get into the Wranglers so maybe it's just my own personal nostalgia bias.

How many games can be postponed before there is just too many to be made up? There is some sort of buffer period built in at the end of the season but you can only play so many games in a week.

They will have the ability to set the postseason back to accommodate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad