GDT: Game #10: October 25th - WSH @ CGY - 8:00MT (CBC)

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
How this team lost to Edmonton is a mystery.

Puck luck. We had none, they had plenty. We outplayed them the entire game and outshot them, but every time we had a grade A opportunity, the puck would just ever so slightly miss the net or hit the crossbar. And two of their three goals came on seeing eye shots that somehow made it through a maze of players and right into the one spot where there was open net. Not much you can do in those types of games... **** happens.

bWo*

This was a very good game for the caps and was decent for the flames. Washington took over the third and ovie almost drilled one home. My only complaint is that one kid who sat behind me with the ****ing vuvuzula (you know what it is) and that guy that kept chirping holtby

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
What's important is even though the Caps shut us down in the third, we kept at it instead of just running out the clock. We just got beat by the better team tonight. Trotz is doing what he was brought in to do and he's doing it well.

And why didn't Ovy score!? There goes my vCash :laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
we are 5-4-1 now.

I have done 4 GDTs and am now 1-3-0. My only win against the lowly Oilers. Without me we might be 8-1-1

Sorry guys :shakehead

May 23, 2007
Calgary
The Flames should just trade Smid and Engelland. Then get 2 more offensive D-men. Our D has been the main factor of our offense so far. :laugh:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
This game has been very frustrating to watch.

It's a Trotz defense, with a lot of fire-power upfront.

That was a tough one to watch, gotta love Bollig not taking any non-sense there. He was my Calgary star... Johnny looked good, but... dunno... he'll find his offense very soon.

It really sucks that we started off so hot, turned heads, and yet if literally every team in our conference wins their next 1-2 games, they pass us. It's frustrating, because you're like, hey; we did good... then it's annoying because you're like, **** and now we're back in the basement.

Last edited:

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Some thoughts on the game:

- The Caps defensive game is sooo good, broke up many Flames passes in the offensive zone, Flames couldn't transition well and their breakouts weren't great tonight.

- Ramo played good, but I could see Hiller getting a few consecutive starts now.

- Johnny Gaudreau needs to be let off his leash, let him play 4v4; the guy is creating offensive chances by himself.

- The Flames could end up with a losing record in the next few games; we play Montreal twice, Washington one more time, Anahiem, and Nashville.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I agree with those saying that Hiller may see consecutive starts coming up.

Ramo has now lost 3 consecutive starts (0-2-1), over those 3 starts his SV% is a pretty poor .897 and his GAA is a fairly high 2.69.

While Hiller has now won 3 consecutive decisions, in those 3 games he has a god like .980 SV% and his GAA is also god like at 0.65.

Hiller has also been the busier of the goaltenders over these 6 games facing 23 more shots over the last 6 (3 games each)

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
I agree with those saying that Hiller may see consecutive starts coming up.

Ramo has now lost 3 consecutive starts (0-2-1), over those 3 starts his SV% is a pretty poor .897 and his GAA is a fairly high 2.69.

While Hiller has now won 3 consecutive decisions, in those 3 games he has a god like .980 SV% and his GAA is also god like at 0.65.

Hiller has also been the busier of the goaltenders over these 6 games facing 23 more shots over the last 6 (3 games each)

Hiller has definitely earned the bulk of the duty (at least over the next few games, and considering we have some tough teams coming up -- true litmus test for him) with his stellar play early on. This is essentially what most of us expected would happen; split duties right down the middle until one goalie outplays the other. Although I figured they'd be the proverbial fire under each other's arses, I must say I am really surprised with how awesome Hiller in particular has been thus far.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
This game pissed me off. I'm glad Trotz is out of the conference. I do like him in Washington though, what he's got brewing. I hope the caps go deep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad