GDT: Game #10: October 25th - WSH @ CGY - 8:00MT (CBC)

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Unfortunately I missed this one entirely, I had a dinner to go to and while the game was on I wasn't able to watch much of it.

After reading through the thread I have some comments. The Caps roster outside of OV and Backstrom is not really an upgrade on ours. I'd take Backlund over "Johansson" any day. I like our defence slightly better than there's. They have some skilled young players and so do we. But you can't ignore their 2 big guns, we have no one close that can match them.

To bad we lost, but that's why I said I was curious to see how this Caps team would perform under Trotz. That guy is an elite coach and it's kinda scary to think what level potentially he could get his team to play at. By the sounds of your posts Washington played a very solid game.

I'm curious, overall can someone tell me how Guadreau, Monahan and Backlund looked? I did see Bollig go into beast mode last night and that was awesome!

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'm curious, overall can someone tell me how Guadreau, Monahan and Backlund looked? I did see Bollig go into beast mode last night and that was awesome!

Johnny Hockey looked like the most dangerous Flame in the offensive zone tonight, I was very comfortable when the puck was on his stick... as he seemed to be the only Flame connecting with passes tonight. Backs also looked pretty solid tonight too, had some okay chances... Overall it was just a pretty poor game on the Flames end.

Monahan looked pretty bad out there. He got a lot of ice time, wasn't really doing anything with it. Hudler was on his line to begin with, and seemed kind of disinterested this game.

Overall this was a game you should feel okay missing. They couldn't stick a pass to save their lives, there was little offensive momentum.

As you said, Bollig was the man last night. Orpik took two liberties with some borderline hits (the first was pretty dirty, the second was unfortunate because Jooris came flying at him low, so it looked like a charge leaving his feet; still got his hands up at Jooris high), and Bollig stepped in and didn't even hive Orpik the option to drop the gloves; broke his face a bit. I think Bollig's the guy I want protecting this team. Big Ern is just a goon v goon; he wouldn't have done anything in that situation.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Gaudreau-Backlund-Raymond was our best line last night. Really the only one that was able to consistently sustain pressure.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Thanks for the reports, really encouraged to hear those comments about Johnny. You gotta think he's going to be figuring it out sooner than later.

I don't know what to do about Grats. Bollig has been really good, but Grats is a good figure in the locker room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad