GDT: Game # 10: Jets @ Devils, 7PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Hopefully he can play more than 12 minutes this game in order to prove himself.

I'd wager it'll be another 11-13 minute night for Larsson and he'll be out next game.

What is proving yourself if a -5 is considered good enough?

Or when being on the ice for >60% of our goals on the season is good enough?

The only way Larsson can prove himself is to somehow figure out why Deboer holds different players to different standards. Everyone wants to talk about how we should forget about how Larsson was drafted #4 overall.. but maybe Deboer needs to be the one to forget about that.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I'll be in attendance tonight courtesy of a friend who's dad is an STH in the lower level. No way I would have paid to attend with the current state of this hockey club, and the fact that they're playing an equally ****** team from the West.

On the other hand, I haven't seen the Jets play in person since they were still the Thrashers, so that's cool, I guess.

Don't **** the bed tonight, boys. LGD. :help:

I just picked up tickets off Stubhub for $16.50, so I'm pysched to be going to my first game this season. It's insane what the Devils are charging though - seats in the same section (211) go for $38 on ticketmaster. For an early season weeknight game vs. Winnipeg? The cheapest seats for this game anywhere in the building are still $30.

Anyway, hoping for a bounce back game. Glad to be able to watch Larsson play live - will be keeping an eye on him & Boucher. Merril better be able to bounce back or else he should be sitting for Gelinas (should probalby be the case tonight).

Schneider needs to have a good game too - he's been too shaky so far this season.

And though it has nothing to do with tonight, I really want to see Kinkaid get called up in the next week so he can play in some back-to-back games. He's been great so far in Albany and is not rusty or full of suck like Clemmensen.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
What time does the pre-game 3D stuff start - assuming it's still after 7, but I know they were saying to be there earlier for opening night.

Have they mixed it up before games or is it the same show?

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
What time does the pre-game 3D stuff start - assuming it's still after 7, but I know they were saying to be there earlier for opening night.

Same show.. Be in seats by 7

Guess for attendance is: 13,500 announced but will look like 10k

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008

Same show as opening night and it typically starts about 7, right before the players come out to start the game. Last game, the players actually came out while it was still going on....of course, that was Chico night.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Thank god! Not a fan of clowns in the first place, but this one is the epitome of my fears. :laugh:

Yeah, Merrill probably should have been the one to sit after the other night. I'm curious to see how he responds to this, though. It was by far his worst game so far. If he has another terrible performance, I'm willing to bet he's next to sit.

Ok I changed it for you. Better?

Ce1qAS9.jpg

:laugh:

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
He's going to ride Schneider until the wheels come off. It's very revealing how desperate Pete is.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
You would think at the very least they split the next two games and then get beaten down by the blues in the home & home. I think the blues weren't happy what happened last year at the Pru.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Thanks for the updates on the pre-show start time.

Devils need to come away with a convincing victory tonight otherwise I'm hitting the panic button. Winnipeg stinks.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Thanks for the updates on the pre-show start time.

Devils need to come away with a convincing victory tonight otherwise I'm hitting the panic button. Winnipeg stinks.

When's the last time we had a convincing win over Winnipeg or any win against them? The only one I remember offhand was Henrique's double breakaway goal game in November 2011.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Can a Pete apologist explain to me why Merrill isn't the one sitting tonight.

He thinks that Merrill's bad game was more of an anomaly and that he'll bounce back. I don't 100% agree with it, but Merrill has been really good for most of the season aside from last game. I want Pete gone as much as the next guy but honestly I like that Merrill is playing tonight. I have faith that he'll have a much better game.

theking72

Confucius Ackbar
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
NJ
So I hear Kane may be back in tonight? Good thing Larsson is in, he really knows how to handle him.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
He thinks that Merrill's bad game was more of an anomaly and that he'll bounce back. I don't 100% agree with it, but Merrill has been really good for most of the season aside from last game. I want Pete gone as much as the next guy but honestly I like that Merrill is playing tonight. I have faith that he'll have a much better game.

Ok that makes some sense but it just reinforces his double standards and preferential treatment towards his pets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad