GDT: GAME 1 - WCSF OILERS @ FLAMES, 7:30 p.m. MT | TV: CBC/Sportsnet | Radio: Sportsnet 960

Status
Not open for further replies.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Goodness gracious, that was a gong show between the pipes for both teams (Marky let in some doozies too).

Btw, I present a hypothetical scenario (Canucks fan here in peace)
Patrik Allvin calls to offer Thatcher Demko in a trade to Edmonton for Evan Bouchard and a first after tonight's goalie debacle; who says no?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Goodness gracious, that was a gong show between the pipes for both teams (Marky let in some doozies too).

Patrik Allvin calls to offer Thatcher Demko in a trade to Edmonton for Evan Bouchard and a first after tonight's goalie debacle; who says no?
Don’t see either side doing it.

Oilers need Bouchard or their rhs is hopeless. Vancouver can’t give up their franchise starter.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013

Seems like fixing one hole by creating another for both teams, especially Vancouver who would then be desperate for a franchise goalie. Also no chance Edmonton can make this work cap wise, although the value is probably fair. Edmonton has like 8 mil to sign Yamo, Jesse, and McLeod and that’s without Kane. Don’t see a way to fit Demko’s 5 mil because Yamo and Jesse will get at least 5-6 mil combined, then probably another 2ish for McLeod

Godkolzin

Oct 19, 2021

Also Canucks fan here. Are you nuts? We're still capped out and saddled with Myers and OEL contracts and no goalie.

Anyways, I think Marky should get a pass after playing up to Oetts epic performance... If he was gonna have a stinker it would be with a huge lead and no shots coming at him in the first.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

Bouchard really isn't that good, cement boots and zero intensity. Canucks lose that deal. Van has offense from the blueline and it's already pricey. They need defense from their blueline.

Reactions: cheechoo

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
It’s a wake up game for Dan Vladar

In his last year as a Canucks, Markstrom choked mid way through the playoffs, Demko took over and that’s one of the reasons Markstrom is a Flames today

Vladar never know when opportunity comes knocking

That said I hope Markstrom gets better

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Just noticed with his 4 even strength points tonight, McDavid was still -1.
Hard to be plus player playing with Draisaitl

It’s a wake up game for Dan Vladar

In his last year as a Canucks, Markstrom choked mid way through the playoffs, Demko took over and that’s one of the reasons Markstrom is a Flames today

Vladar never know when opportunity comes knocking

That said I hope Markstrom gets better
Lol no he didn't

Reactions: DFF

beakerboy

Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin

I'd think Edmonton does that all day long. Demko is great.

A good coach can mitigate bad defense with well designed systems. You can't system around a bad goalie.

ChrisOsullivan

Jan 20, 2022
We've all watched a movie or series that emulated what the Flames went through in the Dallas series. You're the hero, the stronger more valiant character but circumstances have you captured, held up in a dungeon. Throughout the show (the 7 game series) you had a lot of opportunities to escape, to win, to succeed and so many so that even you begin to wonder if this is where you will die, how it will end.

I think and hope, we all knew that what we saw from Oettinger was a performance that occurs once every 25 years. What we also realized that in Game 1 of the BOA, is not only are their goalies NOT world class, their defense is easy to penetrate for high quality chances. Sutter doesn't match lines and even our 4th line is taking the play to the Oilers.

We will pay our unnecessary taxes, a minimum of 2 penalty calls for McDavid per night (soft cross check @Backlund, clean hit @Looch) but unless their powerplay starts shooting 75% - we will win this series in short order.

Go Flames Go

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Everyone at the office today: what a game last night! That was so cool!

Me: :|

Here's hoping we can tighten things up and win in a more traditional way moving forward. Just the thought of getting into track meets with McDavid makes me snarl.

Also, this would be one hell of a time to break the game 2 curse. Going into Edmonton 2-0 would be huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad