GDT: GAME 1 - WCSF OILERS @ FLAMES, 7:30 p.m. MT | TV: CBC/Sportsnet | Radio: Sportsnet 960

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I will be in transit back to Calgary while this is on. Interesting the way Sutter has downplayed the "battle" part of this series. A lot of what he says in pressers is misdirection but I feel like there's a lot of truth in his call for Albertan unity and pride during this matchup

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
6f6.gif

GFG!!!!!

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I will be in transit back to Calgary while this is on. Interesting the way Sutter has downplayed the "battle" part of this series. A lot of what he says in pressers is misdirection but I feel like there's a lot of truth in his call for Albertan unity and pride during this matchup
I think the league and both ownership groups are probably very aware, and a little bit nervous about what is essentially uncharted ground in this modern iteration of the rivalry.

There will be a mix of fan-bases in both arenas for all the games, and it's not unreasonable to think some nasty incidences could surface especially if the score is run up in any of the games, or if something particularly controversial happens.

It's sad to have to keep it in mind, but I think it is a reality that the venues are going to be keenly aware of.

The last thing the league wants is the match-up to turn into a sideshow to bad behavior.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I wonder if Jarnkrok will do something to justify his 3rd line C status. Anything.

As @Bounces R Way said, stay out of the box and win. Their PP is everything to their success.

Would like to see an explosion from our offense after the most stifling defense against that I can recall in a long long time. But a W is a W and I'll take that all day every day even if it's a 1-0 OT winner.

Go Flams! 5-2 good guys/us!

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
What's Hunter, Peplinksi, and Sheehy doing nowdays? They know a thing or 2 about ragdolling some Greasers.

Reactions: Tofveve

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Wind storm just pounding my area knocking out the power. I might not even be able to watch this game! f***!

ChrisOsullivan

Jan 20, 2022
I love Stone, but I would start Ritchie for the first few games of this series, at least at home.

They have a soft D core and need to eat glass on every play

Reactions: Nanuuk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad