Post-Game Talk: Game #1 - Vote for the 3 stars

Who were the 3 best Sens players in the game vs Carolina 11/10/2023

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
@2CHAINZ couldn’t resist the apple pie left on the counter. Had to go full Jim Levenstein on it.

On topic, I’d go with the two obvious ones in Kelly and Joseph who really brought the energy and hustle.

Stutzle had some great moments and some regrettable ones.

Can’t think of another so give me G.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Xspyrit and 2CHAINZ

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Memories of Lalime game 7 and Joe Nieuendyke wrister
Lol. I made that comment in another thread earlier!

Honestly, I think all this over the top discussion is unnecessary. A bad goal from the tender sunk the team and that was that. They battled back to tie it even though it wasn't their best game, but I don't feel the need to tear apart the game when they were right there until a bad one went in. It happens.

On to the next one and hopefully Korpisalo can recover from that one.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Three stars - Joseph, Kelly, Zub. HM to Chartier and Sanderson.

Three shitbirds - Chabot, Chychrun, Kastelic.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
1.Joseph
2.Kelly
3.Batherson

HM: Stützle. Stü had the game on his stick. He could have won it for us, but made some terrible errors and ended up being the reason we lost. He stopped making errors like this last season, but showed they can stem up if he tries to do too much. I hope he takes this game to heart and makes smarter plays moving forward.

The rest of our team, including all defenders need a wake up call.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Nova Stutzlia

Oct 23, 2021
Joseph
Kelly
Zub
(Was torn between Chartier, Batherson, Greig and Zub,
but then I remembered that Zub got an assist on the 1st goal, so I picked him.)

Nova Stutzlia

Oct 23, 2021
A few days ago I heard that Kelly was 21 - thought he was 2 or 3 years older, so maybe we've been a bit hard on him.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Can I vote for myself as the 1st star. I really don't see anyone else from the roster for deserving than myself

• Haha
Reactions: DrEasy

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
A few days ago I heard that Kelly was 21 - thought he was 2 or 3 years older, so maybe we've been a bit hard on him.
He's 24.

Frickin stone hands on Kastelic. How many pucks did he fumble last night?
I think the bigger issue for him is that he just can't skate. He has brutal agility, can't move laterally, doesn't crossover well. He's fine in a straight line, but almost no game action is played that way.

He was so far behind the pace last night that they basically sat him down halfway through the game.

Reactions: Nova Stutzlia

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
He's 24.

I think the bigger issue for him is that he just can't skate. He has brutal agility, can't move laterally, doesn't crossover well. He's fine in a straight line, but almost no game action is played that way.

He was so far behind the pace last night that they basically sat him down halfway through the game.
He definitely looked shaky last night, so I can't disagree with that assessment. So is he going to cut the mustard or are we also looking at a needed 4th line center replacement too?

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Joseph & Kelly for sure. It's harder to come up with the 3rd star, Chartier or Zub maybe.

Reactions: DrEasy

Nova Stutzlia

Oct 23, 2021
He's 24.

Thanks
(Boo to whoever said he was 21.)

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Joseph - Obvious
Greig - Very slick hands, showed some of the most offensive moxie besides Stu. Was also very responsible defensively.
Batherson - Has lots of shots and opportunities, no major gaffes defensively.

HM:
Kelly, was excellent, but being on the ice for that horrible breakdown on the 1st goal bumps him down to HM
Chartier, way exceeded expectations, but didn't produce much offensively

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad