GDT: Game 1: Vegas Golden Knights @ Los Angeles Kings | 7:00PM | The Cassidy Era Begins

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
who are your 3 stars @hangman005
1. Eichel, dude was flying tonight.
2. Stone still needs to get back to the game, but his stick was breaking everything up and the Game Winner to boot.
3, I'll give to Cotter, mainly to encourage him to keep playing the way he's playing, I like it.

HM to Elite Defenseman Kessel, and Theodore as well.

Reactions: PullHard

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Good win, we looked like the better team. Thompson was fine today but think we will need more from him regularly going forward.

I do have some worries about 51 shots producing 4 goals. I would like to see our shooting percentage be higher this season and left me having flashbacks to previous years where we also seemed to need 13 shots to produce every goal. We'll need better finishing as the year progresses.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
There were a bit too many breakdowns, but Thompson was effective.

Howden looks good so far on the 2nd line.
Kessel was flying, but that's about it. He looked better than I expected. If they're in the playoff hunt, he may have to be moved to 13th forward after he hits his 1000 games streak.
Roy is too good for the 4th line.

So I'm already thinking about next year, where Leschyshyn bulks up and centers Cotter and Carrier on a proper 4th line and Roy creates some space for Eichel.

nickp91

Jun 29, 2011
A healthy Jack Eichel and Mark Stone will make Vegas a contender in the West

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Felt like VGK probably loses that one if Lehner was in net. Thompson a much more calming influence in net aside from getting caught swimming once.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
There were a bit too many breakdowns, but Thompson was effective.

Howden looks good so far on the 2nd line.
Kessel was flying, but that's about it. He looked better than I expected. If they're in the playoff hunt, he may have to be moved to 13th forward after he hits his 1000 games streak.
Roy is too good for the 4th line.

So I'm already thinking about next year, where Leschyshyn bulks up and centers Cotter and Carrier on a proper 4th line and Roy creates some space for Eichel.

If Howden gets his scoring touch going, this could be a career year for him, in a contract season.

I agree about Roy being too good for the fourth line but I think they would move him to Kessel or Amadio's spot and move Amadio back to 4C with some combination of Cotter, Carrier and Kolesar, and keep Kessel at 1RW or 3RW.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If Howden gets his scoring touch going, this could be a career year for him, in a contract season.

I agree about Roy being too good for the fourth line but I think they would move him to Kessel or Amadio's spot and move Amadio back to 4C with some combination of Cotter, Carrier and Kolesar, and keep Kessel at 1RW or 3RW.

Over the course of the season I hope they give chances to Cotter, Maninen & Dorofeyev in the top 9 over Amadio (in that order). I noticed Shyguy came to camp at 195lbs...hopefully he can bring something similar to what Belly/Nosek brought to the 4th line.

Might not be a bad idea to try loading up with Stepho & Stone on his wing when down by a goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad