Pre-Game Talk: Game 1 | Tuesday 7:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Definitely gotta play tight on the points this series, I noticed they pretty much gave up the points since the only offensive D was Streit. Stay out of the box as usual.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I just threw up a little bit

Madden is clueless. Picks the more controversial of a 50/50 choice, has a 50% chance of looking like he has a clue / some inside track on the starter, and nothing to lose if he's wrong.

Hard to understand why anyone listens to the human spittle bag.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Madden is clueless. Picks the more controversial of a 50/50 choice, has a 50% chance of looking like he has a clue / some inside track on the starter, and nothing to lose if he's wrong.

Hard to understand why anyone listens to the human spittle bag.

Yep. His entire show is about saying controversial things to goad yinzers into calling into his show so he can yell at them and then hang up on them.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
For the pens fans watching on CBC it will be Bob Cole/Garry Galley like 3 years ago minus Healy. Hughson/Simpson/Healy will be doing leafs series vs rangers or caps.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
Scratch that. It could still be hughson/simpson/healy. Wow what a game in boston.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
This series is similar to the Isles as far as my mood. I respect the opponent but if we actually play to our potential it should be 5 games, maybe 6 but never crapping yourself over what might happen. There is one big difference though: Isles did not have a goalie that can stone you. Penguins must play hard and consistent and not loosey goosey or the Sens will score and Anderson will come up with saves on some of the goals that were money in the bank against Nabby.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I suppose my hope is that the Sens get distracted trying to chase Cooke around and that our #2 PP can break through their #1 PK.

steveg

Jul 8, 2012
Norman, OK
I suppose my hope is that the Sens get distracted trying to chase Cooke around and that our #2 PP can break through their #1 PK.

FWIW -- the Pens PP is #1 in the post season, and the Sens PK is #8...

Also, I just noticed that Voky is third in GAA, and first in SV% (albeit with only 2 starts...)

Second in SV% -- Anderson...

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Bylsma has pretty much gone with the practise lines so far. I suppose one can kind of understand wanting to have Engelland out there to counter the physicality of the Sens, but based on the last few games, it hurts not playing Despres.
More so as it means Nisky with Letang and I've spent all season opining that Disco should give Despres more time with Letang as I don't trust Nisky to play first pairing in the playoffs due to the lack if size on that pairing. Nisky sure hasn't done anything to dispel those fears.

Anyway, as long as I don't see Fleury and Glass, I suppose the rest will be gravy.

Cuda52

Mar 31, 2013
I feel the pens need to determine where MAF is at mentally, and if it were up to me I'd put him in a low pressure situation (though does that exist in the playoffs?) at home. Vokoun played great in game 6 and gave us a chance to win that game and I understand you wana play the hot hand, but if DB is gona play fleury I'd rather it be game 1 than 5 or 6 not knowing where his heads at. But that's just me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia