GDT: Game #1: St. Louis Blues @ Pittsburg Penguins | "A New Chapter"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilsFan1027

Aug 3, 2016
Devils fan here who roots for the Blues also cause of MB30. Question...what's the over/under that Reaves and Thorburn drop the mitts tonight?

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Great GDT, I’m sure it took a lot of effort and that’s awesome. Can’t say I’m optimistic at all about tonight, though. I think the Pens are going to throttle the Blues.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Devils fan here who roots for the Blues also cause of MB30. Question...what's the over/under that Reaves and Thorburn drop the mitts tonight?
I only hope that sanity prevails and Thorburn is sitting in the press box enjoying a pretzel. Excellent work on the GDT

Klank Loves You

Feb 21, 2015
I'd put it higher if they were in Stl. It could happen, but I think it's more likely to be Bort than Thornburn.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL

How many times did Reaves drop the mitts last year? Maybe 6? Blues aren't a dirty, or even physical team these days. I see no need for Reaves to need to do so...unless the Pens find themselves down a couple of goals, and in need of some energy. Don't see the Pens failing to get up for the season opener, and I'd expect them to be in control most of the way. Odds of a Reaves beatdown - 5%.

Lakewood

Nov 17, 2013
^ quote so accurate Oberyn. I'm getting giddy. I'm not expecting much but hope for a solid effort by all and no more injuries please. Nice work blanick.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Vince Dunn once farted in social studies when he was 11, the teacher remarked later that the fart had NHL potential,

LGB!!

“When he was 9, Vince Dunn was the leading point getter on his peewee team, the Periwinkle Ghetto Hogs, and also set a record at the local Chili’s restaurant for points on the bar games! Now, he’s scoring points in the NHL”

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
All of these things are true about Pierre, but I still always like listening to him. I guess it's because I genuinely love knowing useless information about a variety of different subjects.

What I don't like is Doc Emrick continually explaining that when a player hits the puck toward the goal, it's correct term is called a "shot".

Reactions: 2 Minute Minor

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
usually the defending champs lose these games but that's really my only reason for thinking Blues win

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
That third line is absolutely terrifying especially if they get matched up against Crosby's line. I could easily see Pittsburgh putting up a 6 spot on Allen tonight. Sadly, I think it will be 6-1 bad guys.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
All of these things are true about Pierre, but I still always like listening to him. I guess it's because I genuinely love knowing useless information about a variety of different subjects.

What I don't like is Doc Emrick continually explaining that when a player hits the puck toward the goal, it's correct term is called a "shot".

You mean there aren't coaches tapping players on the shoulder in practice saying "Son, you need to work on your efforting. Now lets work on some knifing and retrieval!"?

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
That third line is absolutely terrifying especially if they get matched up against Crosby's line. I could easily see Pittsburgh putting up a 6 spot on Allen tonight. Sadly, I think it will be 6-1 bad guys.

Yeah, the third line is a mess. I don’t really see the second line working all that well either. Tarasenko’s line is the only one Pittsburgh has to worry about.

Twisted Blue

Feb 4, 2013
St. Louis
Great GDT Blanick! Blues are likely to struggle early in the year until we get some players healthy and the rookies grow into their roles. Hope Tarasenko, Stastny, Schwartz, Schenn, Allen, Petro and Parayko can achieve a level of play that carries the team, because the rest are just 4th liners and kids yet to prove they are ready for the NHL.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO

Doc Emrick is the Perd Hapley of the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad