GDT: Game #1: SC Champ KINGS vs. BLACKHAWKS - Saturday, 1/19/’13 @ 12:00 pm PST {NBC}

Status
Not open for further replies.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
Greene tried to interefere but it looked like he whiffed altogether. Not sure that's a correct call. Typical play for him though. That right there is his biggest weakness. Way too overzealous.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
That interference Penalty better get called all year.

It better not disappear when a couple guys get some concussions.

Have some consistency NHL.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Back to the non-Kings fans' complaints about the Kings' ring ceremony, why doesn't NBC ever schedule double-headers instead so they didn't have to ***** about the Pitt-Philly game being delayed?

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I'm no fan of Greene but that's another awful call.

They have said all off-season they are going to crack down on the interference entering the zone. It's going to hit certain players really hard, and for the Kings it's going to be Greene. He has to adjust and be smarter. Greene had an excellent year last season, especially in cutting down on the dumb penalties. Lets hope he keeps it going this year.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If they keep calling interference like this Greene is going to become a cause for concern very fast. That being said, I'm unsure that they will. It just doesn't last.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Each team only has 12 shots, it's not like ether team is pounding the puck.

Just a fluke game all around.

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
They have said all off-season they are going to crack down on the interference entering the zone. It's going to hit certain players really hard, and for the Kings it's going to be Greene. He has to adjust and be smarter. Greene had an excellent year last season, especially in cutting down on the dumb penalties. Lets hope he keeps it going this year.

Yea, it's going to REALLY hurt Greene. He was probably our biggest culprit of that play along with Drew Doughty last season.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
If they keep calling interference like this Greene is going to become a cause for concern very fast. That being said, I'm unsure that they will. It just doesn't last.

Couple injuries and the Refs will ease up, Which shouldn't happen if you ask me.

But it will.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
The NHL says a lot of things about "cracking down" and rarely do outside of the refs initially being overzealous on calls like these.

Greene is still a subpar d-man though.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
It's going to take a long time for these guys to find their game again. At least everyone is in the same boat. We're all remembering the way they played in the playoffs and regular season hockey is never that good, especially in a situation like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad