Post-Game Talk: | Game #1 | Pens win over Yotes | Zucker and Geno appreciation thread

Zucker:

• Never doubted him

Votes: 29 47.5%
  • Doubted him

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • I’m lying and I doubted him but won’t admit it

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Ugene Magic doesn’t care, so he made a new gif

Votes: 7 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
+ offence
+ PP
+ physical toughness
+ top 6 lines

- POJ
- stupid penalties
- PK

Hockey is back baby!
monophy.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
+ Literally a majority of the roster. Malkin, Zucker, Guentzel, Crosby, Petry, Letang, Jarry and Rutta were all noticeably good.
+ Kinda relating to the last point, but the entire top-6 was just downright dominant today. It's early, but these top-6 groups just flat out work if this team can stay healthy
+ The fact that this team is trying new things on the PP. Malkin taking faceoffs with Crosby at the point is a completely new thing that worked really well today.

= Kapanen: I had Kapanen in a - until that last goal. His issue is that he looks like he's skating fast but isn't really doing anything out there. But with him scoring that late goal, I definitely will give him some leniency.
= McGinn: He was one of the few forwards that I didn't notice today. Not really what you want to see from someone you're paying nearly $3 million.
= Pettersson: Petry insulates him extremely well, but he had a few errors of his own today. Mostly fine, he's much more towards a + than a -, but the 2 penalties hurt him.

- POJ: Man, I was really ready to put him in an = because I thought he was having a strong 3rd period after a really bad 1st and a decent 2nd. I thought he made a really nice block in the 3rd and had a strong 3rd overall, but then I watched the play around that block. He made a turnover that led to the initial shot, blocked that shot, and then didn't get to the front of the net quickly enough to cover his guy. This resulted in a glorious chance against that Jarry stopped. He just can't process the game at a NHL speed. For every good play he makes, he has some sort of screw up that leads to a chance against.
- The PK. You shouldn't be giving up 2 PP goals to the Coyotes.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Huge game from the top 6.
RR could have had 2 goals easily.
Huge for KK and Zuc to get on the board.
TJ was awesome.
Liking Petry.

PK needs to get better and Petts has to stop taking penalties.

Reactions: NJPens66

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
If that's the lineup they're going with today then I am intrigued as to:

1. How POJ will look
2. If Archibald will constantly put himself out of position
3. How this larger defense will perform around the net
4. If the top 6 will be shuffled at all during the game (with the exception of right after a PP or PK)

1. Not as good as I hoped. But not as bad as some people made it out to be.
2. Didn't notice.
3. Way better.
4. Don't think it happened?

Go Pens!

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Wish the PK was better, other than that I wouldn’t ask for more - all the guys who you wanted to look fresh did.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Good players looked good. Nobody looked bad. I don’t think it’s prudent to take much away from that game aside from the PK maybe needing to be better. Yotes aren’t a good measuring stick and they gooned it up for much of the game.

That said, thought the new guys from MTL were encouraging.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
My only negative is the worry about why Sid wasn't taking faceoffs. Great starting point otherwise. Can't take much from it, but a 60 minute vulgar display of power is all you could ask for.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Pluses all around, absolutely beautiful team win.

Seeing another PP goal by Malkin assisted by Sid and Tanger had me feeling very thankful.

Jarry also played great.

This D is such a breath of fresh air from what we’ve been icing the last few years. Just love it.

Really couldn’t have asked for a better game 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca