Game 1 @ Maple Leaf Square

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I'm creating this thread for everyone who will be going to watch Game 1 at Maple Leaf Square. I'll be going and updating this thread with information and photos when I get down there. I'll provide updates on how crowded it's getting and when they reach capacity. Looks like I'll be going solo tonight so if anyone wants to meet up down there and chat before the game, send me a DM or reply in this thread. Maybe we can get a little HFboards group together.

I'm planning on arriving between 5:00 and 5:30. Hard to know how popular it will be, but I'm afraid that if I arrive any later, they will be at capacity. For those of you who don't know, they serve beer and pizza inside. They also have porta potties. The TV and sound is pretty good quality. You must enter through a security checkpoint where they check your bags and use metal detecting wands or pat downs.

Weather looks like it will actually be pretty good tonight. Supposed to stop raining and should be around 10 degrees for most of the game. That being said, I would still dress warm because it can get cold standing outside for that long.

I was there for I think 3 or 4 games during the first Boston series (including game 7) and once during the Washington series. It's really a lot of fun. If you're on the fence, I would highly recommend coming for Game 1. As the weather gets better and we go deeper into the playoffs, it's going to be super popular down there and you'll have to show up ridiculously early in order to get a spot in the main area.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
The square is incredible. A lot of fun.

@PuckMagi I'll DM you if I end up going. My original plan was to go, but this weather admittedly is making me second guess. Would like to buy you a beer, for the sheer reason that you created this thread lol. I'll send you my # if I go.

Side note - if you can't get to the Square for Game 1 or 2, definitely be there for Game 3. It'll be the first Home Game of the series, and that entire area will be full of buzz and energy. It'll be a great atmosphere. I have tickets for the game, but plan to go and take in the square prior to heading in

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I will most likely be going for game 2. its awesome down there! they usually have a lot of fun games and give aways. My favorite was the goaltender simulator and shooting the pucks into the little nets to win prizes.

I remember last year before puck drop the announcer said they sold $30,000 in beer lol

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
@PuckMagi I'll DM you if I end up going. My original plan was to go, but this weather admittedly is making me second guess. Would like to buy you a beer, for the sheer reason that you created this thread lol. I'll send you my # if I go.

Supposed to be 13 and sunny later isn't it? Probably the best weather we're getting this round.

To be honest, I can't think of a worse place to watch a game. If I can't be at a game in person, I'd far rather be on my comfy couch in front of my 60" TV than standing around with with a bunch of drunken idiots.

I thought about this for a bit and most of the good times I have involve standing around with drunken idiots so to each their own.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
I was almost going to be there for game 2. Had a road trip from Ottawa planned but the gf saw the weather...rain all weekend and threat of an ice storm and got cold feet at the last minute today.

Things happen for a reason I guess. I'll be there for round 2 for one of the games. Never experienced it but really want to.

Envious of you guys heading down tonight. Have a blast GLG!!!

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
1418fw2.jpg

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
To be honest, I can't think of a worse place to watch a game. If I can't be at a game in person, I'd far rather be on my comfy couch in front of my 60" TV than standing around with with a bunch of drunken idiots.

As cool as it looks on TV, I have to agree with this.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario

Yep I agree as well only I have a 50 inch :cool:. Especially if it's crap weather like this. I can order or make food. Drink alcohol without inflated prices and not have to deal with a headache.

$10.25 for a 2 dollar tall can? Ouch . For real?

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I was almost going to be there for game 2. Had a road trip from Ottawa planned but the gf saw the weather...rain all weekend and threat of an ice storm and got cold feet at the last minute today.

Things happen for a reason I guess. I'll be there for round 2 for one of the games. Never experienced it but really want to.

Envious of you guys heading down tonight. Have a blast GLG!!!

I booked a hotel a week ago before knowing about the weather with some buddies, and they won't refund our money.

So looks like I'm going whether I like it or not.

Rain rain, please go away.

Reactions: Marshy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad