Half-Assed GDT: Game -1: HomeHawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
Any info is this going to broadcasted?

The game will be available live on NHL Network and on KMOX 1120 AM.

GAME LINEUP

Forwards: David Backes, Kyle Brodziak, Troy Brouwer, Robby Fabbri, Scott Gomez, Dmitrij Jaskin, Jori Lehtera, Steve Ott, Ty Rattie, Ryan Reaves, Jaden Schwartz, Scottie Upshall

Defense: Robert Bortuzzo, Jay Bouwmeester, Joel Edmundson, Petteri Lindbohm, Colton Parayko, Kevin Shattenkirk

Goalies: Jake Allen, Pheonix Copley

my guess

Robby Fabbri - David Backes - Troy Brouwer
Dmitrij Jaskin - Jori Lehtera - Jaden Schwartz
Ty Rattie - Scott Gomez - Scottie Upshall
Steve Ott - Kyle Brodziak - Ryan Reaves

Petteri Lindbohm - Kevin Shattenkirk
Jay Bouwmeester - Colton Parayko,
Joel Edmundson - Robert Bortuzzo

Allen

Last edited:

medkit

Mar 22, 2014
Heading up again for this one. No Tarasenko line is a bummer but still looks like an exciting lineup! Love seeing all the kids in big roles.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Looked at Chicago GDT and they're already accusing us of dirty play in the pre-season.

Um, Mashinter...

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Looked at Chicago GDT and they're already accusing us of dirty play in the pre-season.

Um, Mashinter...

and...

and...

o-POT-MEET-KETTLE-570.jpg

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
>Even their young prospects play dirty

That's so true. Yesterday, known goon Robby Fabbri got a 5 minute major for boarding when he took out Tyler Ennis on a vicious hit in the corner for me on NHL14.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
>Even their young prospects play dirty

That's so true. Yesterday, known goon Robby Fabbri got a 5 minute major for boarding when he took out Tyler Ennis on a vicious hit in the corner for me on NHL14.

Fabbri is a known goon, though. He's ended many careers.

Just saw the mashinter parayko thing. That seems super god damn rude and somewhat dangerous.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
At least sometimes you can see how a hit went dirty...even if it wasn't the intention. That Mashinster hit.... that was beyond intentional.

With Mashinster being a LW and Parayko being a RHD....I forsee him getting some payback

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Hawks fans now have Ryan Garbutt on their team to go along with Andrew Shaw. They used to have Carcillo. Hearing them complain about the Blues having dirty players is beyond hilarious but expected since they just haven't learned much about hockey in the 5 years they've been following it.

On another note, I find it extremely interesting that the Blues are taking Lindbohm out of the lineup so they can "look at" Bouwmeester and Pietrangelo together... Those two have played together for TWO YEARS now. Lindbohm and Bortuzzo STILL haven't seen action together after the team was raving about them all offseason. Yet Lindbohm is out, and Edmundson remains in while Bortuzzo is switching to his off side to play with Parayko. Lindbohm's spot could very well be in danger here.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Fabbri is a known goon, though. He's ended many careers.

Just saw the mashinter parayko thing. That seems super god damn rude and somewhat dangerous.

It was totally in poor taste. Very bad form indeed. mmm quite.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Hawks fans now have Ryan Garbutt on their team to go along with Andrew Shaw. They used to have Carcillo. Hearing them complain about the Blues having dirty players is beyond hilarious but expected since they just haven't learned much about hockey in the 5 years they've been following it.

On another note, I find it extremely interesting that the Blues are taking Lindbohm out of the lineup so they can "look at" Bouwmeester and Pietrangelo together... Those two have played together for TWO YEARS now. Lindbohm and Bortuzzo STILL haven't seen action together after the team was raving about them all offseason. Yet Lindbohm is out, and Edmundson remains in while Bortuzzo is switching to his off side to play with Parayko. Lindbohm's spot could very well be in danger here.

My exact thoughts regarding the defense swap. The fact that Lindbohm is taken out and not being paired with Bortuzzo who was his projected partner is interesting. This is the last preseason game too, so if you wanted a chance to see the two together, it was tonight.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
maybe Lindbohm just has a minor injury or something? I can't imagine that Edmunson and Bortuzzo would be ahead of him.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
maybe Lindbohm just has a minor injury or something? I can't imagine that Edmunson and Bortuzzo would be ahead of him.
It seems like the Blues would say if that was the case. Lindbohm doesn't need waivers like Bortuzzo would so it makes sense to keep Bort as the 6th or 7th.

I haven't seen the preseason games besides highlights but I do wonder who is ahead between Edmundson and Lindbohm. We obviously all thought Lindbohm coming into camp, but I haven't heard near as much about him while Hitch and everyone else seems to be gushing about Joel every game. Should be interesting.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

It would be Edmundson.

Its hard to get a read on what the team is planning to do on the defensive side, other than the fact that Butler was waived. If he's not in the top 7, then one of the young guys stuck (in addition to Lindbohm if that's a safe assumption).

Could Lindbohm be the 7th man? Or rotate as the 7th man?

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
It seems like the Blues would say if that was the case. Lindbohm doesn't need waivers like Bortuzzo would so it makes sense to keep Bort as the 6th or 7th.

I haven't seen the preseason games besides highlights but I do wonder who is ahead between Edmundson and Lindbohm. We obviously all thought Lindbohm coming into camp, but I haven't heard near as much about him while Hitch and everyone else seems to be gushing about Joel every game. Should be interesting.

I've only been able to watch the first game against Columbus and the one against Chicago, but Lindbohm looked very solid both times.

Barbashev, Welsh, Benoit, and Harrold assigned just now

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Butler will likely be the 7th IMO, we just wanted flexibility of sneaking him through waivers now when teams aren't in need of him.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I've only been able to watch the first game against Columbus and the one against Chicago, but Lindbohm looked very solid both times.

Barbashev, Welsh, Benoit, and Harrold assigned just now
Yeah I've heard he's been very solid. But it sounds like Edmundson has been near fantastic.

I love Lindbohm but I'm thinking Edmundson might be sneaking up on him. After all, the Blues made it sound like Edmundson would have been getting call ups last year if he didn't get injured. I know Lindbohm played very well but I wonder if he would have gotten those opportunities if Edmundson was healthy. I don't know who the Blues view as having a higher ceiling, they seem pretty close right now.

I think the one advantage Joel might have is he's been paired with Shattenkirk so the Blues may want to groom him for that spot once Gunnarsson is gone. There's no doubt in my mind that Lindbohm would do just fine there as well, but he hasn't really gotten the same look there. Of course this could have nothing to do with it but I otherwise don't really understand taking him out to put in Pietrangelo, who isn't going to be surprising anyone with his play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad