GDT: Game 1: CHI @ COL * Home Opener! * 10p ET / 8p MT

TanguaySauce

Better Than BBQ
Jan 3, 2018
Shaolin Island
upload_2021-10-13_15-24-24.png

** Line-up Unconfirmed **
(But we can expect Bednar's love affair with JTC to start early)

WANNA KNOW HOW TO TELL LIFE ISN'T FAIR??

We don't get this guy....

w640xh480_GettyImages-1315897919.jpg

But of course in Game 1, we have to face this guy....

E7z2r1QX0AEr4IM.jpg

** Tonight's Pre-Game Song **

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'll be honest... that Blackhawks top-9 is not bad. Not bad at all.

The defense is upgraded but still needs work, especially with de Haan on the top pairing next to Jones. I figured it would be McCabe with Jones getting 23-24 minutes per night.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Of all the teams in the Central besides the Avs, I probably respect the Hawks the most. They play a fast pace, high scoring chance, style of hockey. It's a breath of fresh air after having to cycle through the Dallas-Nashville-Minnesota teams. Seems like every game the Avs play against Chicago is a fun one.

First goal: Makar on the PP
First penalty: Ranta, for obvious reasons
Best player on the ice: Sammy G

- I've got a feeling Fluery's numbers are going to see a significant drop this season. Going from one the league's best defenses to whatever this is.
- I do think the Hawks grab a wildcard spot and, honestly, would be super happy for them.
- I think the Avs take this game even without MacKinnon but, as will be the case all season, the regular season doesn't matter anymore. There's no excuse for the Avs not to come out of the Central, just like there's no excuse for Vegas not to come out of the Pacific. The reason season starts at the WCF.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
MacKinnon being out definitely takes some of the excitement out of this one, but it’s great to have hockey back.

Look forward to watching turn and burn and the rookie forwards.

The Hawks are improved. It should be a good game.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'll be honest... that Blackhawks top-9 is not bad. Not bad at all.

The defense is upgraded but still needs work, especially with de Haan on the top pairing next to Jones. I figured it would be McCabe with Jones getting 23-24 minutes per night.

Yeah forwards could be real good if Dach takes a step forward and Johnson recovers. I think their thought on defense is evening out the top 4. Both pairings are really solid and McCabe-Murphy should be their shutdown pairing. Longer term, they really need Beaudin to fill that CDH spot.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
This whole new way to watch games is weird. From what I can tell I can’t watch the Avs game on ESPN+ because it’s on TNT unless I’m missing something. Will a rerun be on ESPN+ or am I just out of luck? I’ll be at work so I wanted to watch what I could on my lunch break.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
This whole new way to watch games is weird. From what I can tell I can’t watch the Avs game on ESPN+ because it’s on TNT unless I’m missing something. Will a rerun be on ESPN+ or am I just out of luck? I’ll be at work so I wanted to watch what I could on my lunch break.

From what I understand tonight is a nationally broadcast game, so no ESPN+ you have to watch on TNT or kitten.

Didn’t the reports say Kadri was top line centre?

That linup isn't accurate. Kadri is on the top line, and the D pairs they're practicing with are

Girard - Makar
Byram - Johnson
JJ - Murray

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Hawks are good. This is going to be a tough game. I could see these two teams battling it out for top of the division all year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad