Post-Game Talk: Game 1: Caps v. Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
That's the point -- pressure is off after this game. They HAD to win this game, no doubt about it. They did, in convincing fashion, and so from now on they will play relaxed and with confidence. :handclap:

I think they did that from the beginning of the game. It's the fans who are manic. If this team is going to have issues it won't be until we have 3 wins and are try to close it out. I think that's more important this year than any previous year. We HAVE to close teams out and not let it go 6 or 7 games if we can close it in 5.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I'm interested to see how the Flyers will respond to losing game 1 and losing Couturier for the rest of the playoffs. Hopefully with Couturier out it will make things easier for the top 6.

Nice

Jan 26, 2016
Philly got completely shut down in this one. I don't really care about the hit schenn made even though I think it was intent to injure. It's not gonna make a difference, they can run around all they want. The caps clearly had them frustrated.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Brayden Schenn is twice as dirty of a player as Tom Wilson.
Karl Alzner is a playoff beast.
Post-period 1 was a shot suppression clinic.
Caps in 4.

That's why people who say they'd expose him in an expansion draft are full on bonkers...

He's the best D man on the roster come this time of year...although Nisky is starting to give him a run for his money.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Feels good to win the first playoff game and set the tone. Nothing more irritating in the past than having lost a home game or two and dig out of the hole. One down and three more to go for this series. Go Caps!

Nice

Jan 26, 2016
I see a lot of flyers fans complaining about the officiating in their GDT. Was it that bad? It's hard to tell when you're at the game.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I see a lot of flyers fans complaining about the officiating in their GDT. Was it that bad? It's hard to tell when you're at the game.

IMO, Caps got screwed some in the first; second was pretty even; Flyers got the short stick in the third, but Philly also played stupid as they got frustrated.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
They can whine about the officiating if they want, but they got 3 straight PPs in the 1st and couldn't score. Only 10 ES shots, they only have themselves to blame for that one. If they wanted to win the game, they should start by scoring a ****ing goal, but that's not happening with 8 shots in 40 minutes against Holtby.

Zazzaro703

Mar 18, 2016
Lake Tahoe
I'm happy MoJo showed up and hopefully he has a good postseason. Normally 2 points is his output for 14 post season games in a year (since we always go 7 games). Secondary scoring has been a huge problem the last few years was awesome to see them show up and win a post season game for us that we needed to win.

The Flyer tears all over this board has made this win that much better. I hope we blow them out in a decisive 3 or 4 to 0 game 2.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Did you guys notice Backstrom and Giroux jawing at each other and exchanging punches at the end of the game? Those two truly HATE each other.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Did you guys notice Backstrom and Giroux jawing at each other and exchanging punches at the end of the game? Those two truly HATE each other.

Backstrom played a great game tonight...had a lot of jump in his step...and yes I noticed that...after the last game encounter with those 2 I thought Backy would come out and have a good performance...Ovi on the other hand..uuggh.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
**** you NHL.TV :yo:

I'm at work right now, I want to watch Game1 in replay.
1st disappointment => Home Feed not available. Just National, Away, French
2nd disappointment => For the entire regular season, on my macbook the gamecenter was on option "Scores off/hide scores" (don't remember the exact phrase) , but after I enter my login, etc, What I can see? the ****ing scores are on.

Now I will watch the game, but I would not have the same emotions.

But congrats everyone with the win. :yo:

EDIT: Hmmm, infact national feed = home feed
but still ****ing huge disappointment. I already know the result

Last edited:

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
This hasn't been mentioned I don't think but Burro had a lot of fight in him and played well...he's getting much better along the boards.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Backstrom played a great game tonight...had a lot of jump in his step...and yes I noticed that...after the last game encounter with those 2 I thought Backy would come out and have a good performance...Ovi on the other hand..uuggh.

once again, Trotz wants to use his 1st line and Backstrom to check the opposing 1st line. That means Backstrom. With that in mind Ovechkin is playing defense. He is hitting. He is making the right plays with the puck.

Ovechkin looked fine to me. He looked no worse than Kuznetsov and Burakovsky who also didn't point. Right now I am more concerned to see those two put a puck in the net than I am 8 who has recently been scoring in bunches.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
In the back half, one of the Flyers penalties was too many men and another was a delay/puck off the ice. Those aren't even judgement calls. They have to call them.

The Caps are hitting. Its just a guess but the Flyer fan complaints may have more to do with what was not called on the Capitals than what was called on the Flyers.
For instance I think they wanted Burakovsky kicked out of the game instead of matching minor penalties. I could be wrong

MW6

Oct 21, 2011
Halland
In the back half, one of the Flyers penalties was too many men and another was a delay/puck off the ice. Those aren't even judgement calls. They have to call them.

Yeah, and the double minor for high sticking was an easy call as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad