GDT: Game 1: Arizona Trolls @ Los Angeles Criminals 10-9-15 @ 7:30 PM Arizona Time

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
It's nice to see Mike Smith actually making basic saves. It's been a long time :laugh:

He is seeing the puck much better right now. I think our D has been better about not screening him as much as we did last year. Fewer rebounds given up and less traffic to deal with as well.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Good win for the Coyotes. I don't expect too many more of them this season but if we are going to win sparingly this season, I'd prefer to do it against Los Angeles.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
This is a totally different team then last year.

They were outshot 2:1 and needed horrible goaltending and defense on the part of the Kings to win.

Let's wait before saying such things.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Everyone so shocked that Duclair got little ice time, but honestly I tried watching him exclusively every shift and he had a lot of bad turnovers that led to Kings chances.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
They were outshot 2:1 and needed horrible goaltending and defense on the part of the Kings to win.

Let's wait before saying such things.

This. We are still spending too much time in our zone. Fortunately it worked out for today but that needs to change if we want to keep winning.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Everyone so shocked that Duclair got little ice time, but honestly I tried watching him exclusively every shift and he had a lot of bad turnovers that led to Kings chances.

His ice time dropped after that dumb penalty.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
2346372.jpg

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Long history to it. If my recollection is correct Gretzky tried that.

That could be enough reason not to try it :sarcasm: In all honesty, I think it'll be given some time to see if it works, but I also wonder how Tobi would look in Boeds' spot on PP.

Fun game. Was really impressed with Michalek. Not even talking about the goal. He just looked solid, like the Z of old. Michael Stone on the other hand...

Can't wait 'til the Kings make the boneheaded move of extending Lucic to a long-term deal.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Giving it a good 6-10 games before I feel comfortable saying where we are at, but,

Things I liked
- Allowing Smith to see the puck well, and he responded.
- Intrigue on the PK: we are definitely running a triangle and 1 right now, and if it takes away the risk of opposition's goal scoring chances down low, then I am for it
- We seemed to roll a very smart forecheck out there and really pressured LA with our veterans taking the reins there
- There were some glimpses of on-ice chemistry, but we looked like a team that was more mentally and physically prepared
- Good speed and general good angles, especially to 50/50 and loose pucks

Things I didn't like
- Still have some passiveness to our game. I do think that if we pick up confidence, we start to open that up a little more
- We struggled at times to keep offensive pressure
- The PP had its share of average puck movement. I think Boedker and OEL up top can work, but there needs to be an adjustment period. Would rather have OEL skating the puck up more often than Boedker for now
- A lot of dump and chase, but we did force turnovers well in those situations

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad