GDT: Game 1: Arizona Trolls @ Los Angeles Criminals 10-9-15 @ 7:30 PM Arizona Time

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
qwyPaCs.jpg

1st point and 1st goal

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I've been expecting a good season from each of our D, except Grossmann. He's a total unknown to me and what I've read from Flyers fans made me worry. I'm glad he looked good and started the season off right.

That's why you believe half of what you hear and all what you see. I was not in favor of the Z or Grossman signings, but they both played very well last night.

slv

Sep 19, 2012
astral
Nice win, boys!

And Grossmann wasn't that bad as expected. I like him, but it's only one game though.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Smith/Z/grossman/Domi/Reider and of course OEL played well. Duclair had multiple turnovers which is why his ice time was limited. Not sure about Bods at the point, might be better off with Stone and his shot. L.A. made plenty of mistakes. Enjoy the victory.....

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Was it me or did Doan look plodding out there? Third line is clearly where he should be. He will get exposed against top 6 players. I think that he needs to drop 10 lbs and sacrifice a bit of strength for some speed.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Was it me or did Doan look plodding out there? Third line is clearly where he should be. He will get exposed against top 6 players. I think that he needs to drop 10 lbs and sacrifice a bit of strength for some speed.

I think I agree. Remember DMO losing 10-20 pounds helped his quickness late in his career. I think it could help Doan although I am not sure if he has the weight to lose or what his body fat % is now. It would certainly make him quicker.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Smith/Z/grossman/Domi/Reider and of course OEL played well. Duclair had multiple turnovers which is why his ice time was limited. Not sure about Bods at the point, might be better off with Stone and his shot. L.A. made plenty of mistakes. Enjoy the victory.....

I agree.:nod:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I think I agree. Remember DMO losing 10-20 pounds helped his quickness late in his career. I think it could help Doan although I am not sure if he has the weight to lose or what his body fat % is now. It would certainly make him quicker.

Doan never was fast, and I think him losing weight would take away what he does best.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I thought Doan looked healthy and ready to go. A line with Hanzal is where he belongs. They make a solid physical duo. Number the line any way you want as long as it stays effective.

Redcoyote

Hungry
Mar 21, 2009
1. Beat LA

2. Domi, Duclair, and Martinook all play at least 9 minutes.

3. Smith was solid

3 ingredients for a good night. I don't expect Smith to consistently play at that level but if the young guys can get solid minutes and given room to breathe and grow I'll be happy.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
1. Beat LA

2. Domi, Duclair, and Martinook all play at least 9 minutes.

3. Smith was solid

3 ingredients for a good night. I don't expect Smith to consistently play at that level but if the young guys can get solid minutes and given room to breathe and grow I'll be happy.

The distribution of minutes was the broadest I have seen on a Tip coached team. Usually the minutes are not as even. Notable minutes:

Martinook 16 minutes, Tip must trust him

Duclair 9 minutes, obvious turnovers cut into his time

Chip 12 minutes because he is not good, we all know that.

OEL 23 minutes, because he is OEL

Everyone else on D or forwards had pretty equal minutes. I like this trend if it continues because we are rolling 4 lines and all 3 D pairings. Tip must be pretty happy with the way the young guys played for him to give out the minutes.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
They were outshot 2:1 and needed horrible goaltending and defense on the part of the Kings to win.

Let's wait before saying such things.

They also had quite a bit of puck luck and great goal tending from Smith. They also improved (for the most part) as the game went on, which should be beneficial.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
The distribution of minutes was the broadest I have seen on a Tip coached team. Usually the minutes are not as even. Notable minutes:

Martinook 16 minutes, Tip must trust him

Duclair 9 minutes, obvious turnovers cut into his time

Chip 12 minutes because he is not good, we all know that.

OEL 23 minutes, because he is OEL

Everyone else on D or forwards had pretty equal minutes. I like this trend if it continues because we are rolling 4 lines and all 3 D pairings. Tip must be pretty happy with the way the young guys played for him to give out the minutes.

This.
I was really surprised to see how evenly the ice time was spread out. Maybe it was because we were up 4-0 at one point. But spreading the love around is what I'd like to see this season. When I looked at the stat sheet after watching the game, I couldn't believe Martinook had that many minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad