GDT: Game 1: Anaheim Ducks @ Vegas Golden Knights | 7PM | ATTSN-RM | It's been 84 years.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
tenor.gif

But hockey is back.

669a787e739c53fd56e39159b2fa5c9e.gif

But now we have to remember the rules.

9e4c5e55e6355a1ed4bebfe61d97599e.gif

and which refs we are bribing this year

ImmensePrestigiousAsiaticlesserfreshwaterclam-size_restricted.gif

Go Sports Team!!!!

Best Guess Line Ups

:vegas

Offense

Pacioretty-Max.png
Stephenson-Chandler_VGK-202.png
Stone-Mark_VGK_.png

Marchessault-Jonathan_3.png
Karlsson-William_3.png
Smith-Reilly_2.png

Roy-Nicolas_VGK-2020_.png
Glass-Cody.png
Tuch-Alex_1.png

Carrier-Will_1.png
Nosek-Tomas_1.png
Reaves-Ryan.png

Defense

McNabb-Brayden_1.png
Pietrangelo-Alex_VGK-2021_.png

Martinez-Alec_VGK-2020.png
Theodore-Shea_2.png

Whitecloud-Zach_VGK-2020_.png

Goalie

Lehner-Robin_VGK-2_.png

Fleury-Marc-Andre_7.png

:ducks

Huey - Dewey - Louie
Daisy - Donald - Scrooge
Angus - Dingus - Fergus
Daffy - Danger - Plucky

Aflac - Howard
Count Duckula - Ludwig Von Drake
Flinthard Golmgold - Darkwing

Donald Mallard
Launchpad McQuack

CJhRvppb7eGVG.gif

LETS LIGHT THE LAMP!

GO :vegas GO

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Forgot Kolesar in the lineup, I assume he'll play in place of a defenseman, for some reason.

Time to roast some duck for dinner!

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Forgot Kolesar in the lineup, I assume he'll play in place of a defenseman, for some reason.

Time to roast some duck for dinner!
I didn’t forget, I’m just hiding him so the ducks forget he’s there and he can score 50 goals.

Ok I forgot lol

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
i thought Pietrangelo would be the perfect mentor for Hague. Crazy he's not suiting up.

Pasha71

Dec 30, 2017
Who is starting in goal? I kinda need this info soon in order to choose between Shesterkin and Lehner for my fantasy team starting lineup.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I say they're bluffing and they'll call up Hague after whatever time the NHL closes their daily cap window.

How much daily cap space do they have today vs tomorrow?

It has to be the Engelland bonus payments, which would make any calculation impossible unless we know the exact numbers. I can't see any other reason for them to put the roster this way.

It may be that Kolesar looked good, but I think we can all agree that Kolesar as the 13th forward and running 5 defensemen is not as good as good as 12 and 6 with Hague, who is not a bum. There's no way Kolesar looked that good to justify a radical change that forces our defense to play 24 minutes each, with only 2 full pairings and an extra forward without a line.

The only reason I can see is Engelland's bonus from last season eating into this cap. I thought I remembered he got 450,000 in bonuses and if the team is paying that over two seasons that would take 225,000 off our cap this season.

We are currently 225,896 under the cap, according to Capfriendly, but I don't know that they take past season bonuses into account. I haven't seen a space for it like they do retained salary. It makes me wonder if they need Kolesar and not Hague because the extra 66,000 saved keeps us under. But then, Coghlan is over 8,000 cheaper than Kolesar and a defenseman. It's all weird.

However, I could the NHL modifying last season's bonuses off the cap because we can't know how much cap a team would have had at the end of the season to pay them off then, the season ended thirty days early, how did they calculate the cap for the entire year?

Maybe the team paid some of it then and the rest of the overage rolled to this season. We were up against the cap then, though, so it's not a given we paid any of it.

Long story short, I have no clue what's going on with our cap anymore.

Reactions: KnishOfTheCrease

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
It has to be the Engelland bonus payments, which would make any calculation impossible unless we know the exact numbers. I can't see any other reason for them to put the roster this way.

It may be that Kolesar looked good, but I think we can all agree that Kolesar as the 13th forward and running 5 defensemen is not as good as good as 12 and 6 with Hague, who is not a bum. There's no way Kolesar looked that good to justify a radical change that forces our defense to play 24 minutes each, with only 2 full pairings and an extra forward without a line.

The only reason I can see is Engelland's bonus from last season eating into this cap. I thought I remembered he got 450,000 in bonuses and if the team is paying that over two seasons that would take 225,000 off our cap this season.

We are currently 225,896 under the cap, according to Capfriendly, but I don't know that they take past season bonuses into account. I haven't seen a space for it like they do retained salary. It makes me wonder if they need Kolesar and not Hague because the extra 66,000 saved keeps us under. But then, Coghlan is over 8,000 cheaper than Kolesar and a defenseman. It's all weird.

However, I could the NHL modifying last season's bonuses off the cap because we can't know how much cap a team would have had at the end of the season to pay them off then, the season ended thirty days early, how did they calculate the cap for the entire year?

Maybe the team paid some of it then and the rest of the overage rolled to this season. We were up against the cap then, though, so it's not a given we paid any of it.

Long story short, I have no clue what's going on with our cap anymore.

Capfriendly factored that in though. If you look in the statistics section under the team, it's under Carryover Bonus Overages.

However, it's just barely enough cap space to cover Glass' potential 850k bonus this season.

Reactions: Vegan Knight

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Capfriendly factored that in though. If you look in the statistics section under the team, it's under Carryover Bonus Overages.

However, it's just barely enough cap space to cover Glass' potential 850k bonus this season.

Yeah, I see now they've included it. That makes this really more puzzling. Hague can fit. I think the team is only saving like 567 dollars a day with Kolesar instead of Hague.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad