GDT: Game #1 - 10.09.14 - vs Chicago - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
Who cares what anyone says about us? We saw what the Stars did on the ice last night. We earned the right to be excited and joyful right now.

Screw anyone who says otherwise.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Yeah I don't see any big deal about that post. It's just a fan being excited about a really exciting team.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
From a good team's perspective, I can see why Chicago and their fans would feel good about this game. I don't really have much time for idle chatter like that but I understand why they would feel good about taking our best punch and still coming out (sort of) on top.

NukeJukes43

From a good team's perspective, I can see why Chicago and their fans would feel good about this game. I don't really have much time for idle chatter like that but I understand why they would feel good about taking our best punch and still coming out (sort of) on top.

You think that was the best punch Dallas can throw? I think Seguin and even Benn could've played a lot better. Looked too overzealous in most of their give-n-go's and Seguin just wasn't in the game mentally at all. Dallas had a good game but to say that was our best punch is naive.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
You think that was the best punch Dallas can throw? I think Seguin and even Benn could've played a lot better. Looked too overzealous in most of their give-n-go's and Seguin just wasn't in the game mentally at all. Dallas had a good game but to say that was our best punch is naive.

Even still, that just means that a Stars team not firing on all cylinders, just had the "all-world" Blackhawks on the ropes for most of the game.

Imagine if our top line was clicking and Kari was in the zone?

I'm not saying we're head and shoulders above Chicago; far from it. But if last night's effort was any indication, Dallas will do just fine this year. :yo:

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
First time I have seen us being being at the Hawks level or better. I'm not really sad that we lost, the game was great to watch. Too bad it has to end in a shootout.

Arno Dorian*

Sep 4, 2010
Austin, TX
Even still, that just means that a Stars team not firing on all cylinders, just had the "all-world" Blackhawks on the ropes for most of the game.

Imagine if our top line was clicking and Kari was in the zone?

I'm not saying we're head and shoulders above Chicago; far from it. But if last night's effort was any indication, Dallas will do just fine this year. :yo:

The Stars attacked that game perfectly. If it weren't for a stellar performance by an otherwise good not great goalie, this wasn't the same game.

I'm not saying it was going to happen, per se, but the game plan "Score a crapton" should work with this offense.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Besides the last hyperbole what exactly is incorrect about that post? the Hawks were indeed outplayed for large stretches.

I said entertaining, not best. That's the point. They're going to be amazing to watch even if they don't win most nights. That's no hyperbole if last year + Spezza and Hemsky are any indication.

PezRadar

Peverley #1 Fan!
Jan 20, 2008
Dallas Texas
By the way.. the 1st -> 2nd period video before the players come out on the ice is pretty terrible.

All types of no hype in the video. I was really sad :(

Uncle Hulka

Aug 1, 2014
Goodness, Daley's hand-eye coordination on this goal was great.

AlarmedAssuredAttwatersprairiechicken.gif

Ah, the fungo goal. I guess Trevor was a pretty decent baseball player.

Uncle Hulka

Aug 1, 2014
One thing I took from this game is that the forechecking or lack thereof, was a big contributor to the Stars success from their defense. As solid as they appeared, I don't think they were tested like, perhaps, they should've been - maybe a poor gameplan from the Hawks.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia

Don't read too much into what I said. That was a really good effort from the Stars and we could easily have lost in regulation.

Uncle Hulka

Aug 1, 2014
Don't read too much into what I said. That was a really good effort from the Stars and we could easily have lost in regulation.

It was all about adrenaline. The Stars were all over the place in the first two periods like angry hornets. Then ... they tired.

Arkham32

Nov 9, 2012
The way the Stars played was awesome to watch the fore checks and pressure looked like waves. One player would pressure and back off and another would be right behind him ready to pressure. Excited for the season if they skate like that against Nashville should walk away with 2 points easy. Just hope Kari can get back on track he seems to be getting there though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad