full

full

Is it 7pm yet?

5ff873c8e539f93e-cookie-monster-waiting-gif-tumblr.gif

upload_2021-1-14_10-33-19.png

Tonight's Officials

jm02.jpg
BP16.jpg

Referees Jon McIsaac (2), Brian Pochmara (16)
Linesmen Tony Sericolo (84), Brad Kovachik (71)

TONIGHT’S GAME - The Bruins visit the Devils tonight in the 1st of 8 games between these teams this season and the 1st of 4 to be played at Prudential Center this year … The Bruins are opening their 2020-21 season tonight &are opening the season on the road for the third straight season. - The Bruins are opening a three-game road trip that will see them play the Devils again on 1/15 and at the NY Islanders on 1/18 ... They will then return to Boston for a four-game home stretch on 1/21 &1/23 vs. Philadelphia &1/26 &1/28 vs. Pittsburgh.

SEASON OPENING GAMES - The Bruins are opening the season on the road for the 3rd straight season ... They are 41-38-16 overall in season-opening games &are 9-21-5 when those games are played on the road. - They are 6-2-0 in their last 8 season openers &are 8-10-2 in their last 20 opening nights following a 9-0-3 unbeaten stretch in opening games from 1987-98. - They have gone to OT in a season opener on 10 occasions with a 2-0-8-0 record in those games ... Their last season opener to go into OT came with a 3-3 tie vs. NJ on 10/8/2003 ... Their last season opener to be decided in OT was a 3-2 win vs. HFD on 10/8/1992.

2019-20 RECAP: - The Bruins won the President’s Trophy with the league’s top record in 2019-20 with a 44-14-12 record and 100 points. - They went 22-4-9 on home ice &22-10-3 on the road ... They ranked 2nd overall on the power play at 25.2% &ranked 3rd overall on the penalty kill at 84.3%. - David Pastrnak took his 1st team scoring title &shared the NHL lead in goals with 48-47=95 totals (3rd overall in NHL scoring race), while Brad Marchand led the club with 59 assists (& ranked 5th overall in league scoring with 87 points). - Tuukka Rask led the NHL with a 2.12 goals against average and was tied for 2nd in save percentage at .929 ... He &Jaroslav Halak shared the Jennings Trophy for the league’s fewest goals allowed at 167. - Bruce Cassidy won the Adams Trophy as the NHL’s top coach. - They won their Round One series vs. Carolina in 5 games before falling to the eventual champion Tampa Bay Lightning in Round Two in a 5-game series.

MILESTONES APPROACHING - David Pastrnak’s next assist will be the 200th of his NHL career. - Ondrej Kase is three points shy of his 100th NHL point. - Brandon Carlo is three games shy of his 300th NHL game. - Matt Grzelcyk is three games short of his 200th NHL game.

INJURIES (Total man-games lost in 2019-20: 0) - David Pastrnak & Karson Kuhlman begin this season as Injured, Non-roster players

BOSTON vs NEW JERSEY, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Devils are meeting for the 162nd time in their histories (includes Devils as Kansas City &Colorado) with the Bruins having an 89-42-19- 11 record and 534-421 scoring advantage in those games. - The Bruins are 41-22-11-5 vs. the Devils lifetime on the road with a 246-194 scoring edge in those 79 contests. - The Bruins have taken points out of their last 5 games vs. the Devils at 4-0-1 with their last regulation loss of this series a 5-2 home setback on 12/27/2018 ... They have also taken points out of their last 5 games in New Jersey at 4-0-1 with their last road loss to the Devils a 3-0 setback on 1/2/2017 ... They are 8-1-1 in their last 10 games &are 14-3-1 in their last 18 contests vs. the Devils overall &they are 10-3-1 in their last 14 road contests vs. New Jersey. - All 8 games between these teams this season will come in 4 consecutive games played ... It is the 1st time the Bruins will play the Devils in consecutive games since 4/3 (5-2 home loss) &4/4 (3-1 road win) in 2004.

:bruins:devils

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
A GDT WHOO HOO. Thanks Ali and Fenway.

I am working from home. I am wearing a B's shirt.

I am looking forward to the game tonight.

There hasn't been much to look forward to of late.

Tough week with the loss of my B's friend Steve. I have known him for 15 years. You all would have liked him.

Win for Steve.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO:clap::clap:

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Can’t say I’m optimistic about this years team. They did not improve from last year. It’s one thing to replace 1 of your top 4 dmen with a prospect/developing player. It’s another to replace 2. Hate to say it but this is a bridge year in managements eyes even if I think they will make the playoffs just won’t be as competitive.

I get that feeling, I do. You look at the losses of Chara and Krug, and it's difficult to suggest this team is as good as last year's, let alone better. I feel that it's important to remember that they were on pace to win the Presidents Trophy last year by 8 points. A step back in the regular season isn't the end of the world. Just looking at how teams in their division did last year, they had 20 more points than the Islanders. That's a massive gap. They can be a worse team this year and still make the playoffs. I know they've had trouble with the Capitals, but there's not a team in their division that's like Tampa, where you just know they can't beat them in the playoffs. It's even possible that they wouldn't have to play Tampa until the Stanley Cup Final (based on seeding). All of that is to say that I think this year, more than ever, is just about getting to the playoffs in the first place. Worry about seeding later.

I will admit there are a lot more questions with this year's team. The powerplay and penalty kill will most likely be worse, BUT I believe their 5-on-5 potential is higher. Krug and Chara's greatest value was on special teams. It's entirely possible their replacements are better fits 5-on-5. Craig Smith is a good 5-on-5 scorer, and if Kase can get back to his pre-shoulder surgery shooting, he is as well. I don't know where you fall on advanced stats, but all of the data prognosticators expect them to win the division and be one of the best teams in the league. We're just going to find out if their actual results can match their expected ones.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Points at a premium and yep, saying that in game 1 of drastically shortened season:)

Miller time, I`ve done my share of hammering his on ice play over time when warranted but incredible story of drive, will and love of the game to get back on the ice tonight

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
A GDT WHOO HOO. Thanks Ali and Fenway.

I am working from home. I am wearing a B's shirt.

I am looking forward to the game tonight.

There hasn't been much to look forward to of late.

Tough week with the loss of my B's friend Steve. I have known him for 15 years. You all would have liked him.

Win for Steve.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO:clap::clap:

Sorry for your loss, Ladyfan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad