Gally at center

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Lol. Nice edit there.

Poor understanding? That's a little rich for someone who thinks this roster minus Price would contend for McDavid don't you think?

But thanks for clearing it up for everyone else with a carefully thought-out argument.

I'm surprised his post didn't comprise of "you guys are ******, I'm done with this ****."

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I've said this before,

But in spite of my opposition to DDism, I don't think it's terrible for Galchenyuk to have a one year internship playing with Plekanec and Gallagher for 5on5. He's playing against intermediate opposition, with good players who can both shoot and pass. It's a line without passengers.

However, I'd like him to get more power play time.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I've said this before,

But in spite of my opposition to DDism, I don't think it's terrible for Galchenyuk to have a one year internship playing with Plekanec and Gallagher for 5on5. He's playing against intermediate opposition, with good players who can both shoot and pass. It's a line without passengers.

However, I'd like him to get more power play time.

The line is snake-bit to some extent.
AG needs some of those plays to start going in.
I wouldn't be adverse to having him moved around some.
I wish we had a coach with a tad more imagination. :help:

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
It's becoming evident that Davey is a complete disgrace as a 1C. But why would Therrien still play him there? There has to be some logical justification for the uninterrupted charity hand-outs he's receiving from the coaching staff? First and foremost getting the opportunity to be the worst First-line player in the NHL!

Simple solution: Everyone else is worse! The attacks on everyone else have started. OK, Davey Sucks (ssshhh, let's not say it too loud)... But everyone else sucks even more! Galchenyuk sucks! Eller sucks! Subban sucks! Sekac sucks! ...

Before the Buffalo game Saturday night, the guys on 98.5 (who I love listening to btw) we're asking themselves if Galchenyuk was in over his head and should be lowered into a role with less responsibility. They said he hadn't scored in 12-13 games.

I understood the fact that he had to start shooting more, which he did Saturday night, but how can you sit there saying that about Galchenyuk and not bring up Desharnais? this guy is heading toward 50 games without a 5v5 goal, but for the life of me no one will bring this up in the media...

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
He's going to finish the year on the left wing. You people complaining about him not being played at center, have a poor understanding of how a talent like him should be handled.

Chucky is going to be a force to reckon with in a couple of years, as a center.

Several professional analysts thought, heading into the season, that this was the year for Galchenyuk at centre and that he would be able to hit 70 pts and eventually become a PPG centre. One analyst realized that he has the skillset of a game breaking C and not of a winger, the fact that he can see the ice like no one on this team and that he can carry it from his end to the other end, then make a perfect pass to one of this wingers, or deke a D and score. He can't do that as a winger. The analyst in question coached a 20 year old Chris Pronger and knows a bit about player development.

But I guess the analyst in question has a poor understanding on how top flight talent like Galchenyuk should be developed.

25th

Jul 11, 2009
Aylmer beach, Qc
I usually just refer to them as A Gally and B Gally

I have always called Galchenyuk Gally or Galch.

Chucky is cringe worthy IMO.

Call him peanut if you want when you talk to yourself but if you want people to understant who you you're talking about, please use his name or his locker room nickname, not the locker room nickname of another player on the team.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Maybe "Galy" / Gally" or is that too subtle?

Anyway was hoping Galy would make the move to C but the coach has other priorities.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Before the Buffalo game Saturday night, the guys on 98.5 (who I love listening to btw) we're asking themselves if Galchenyuk was in over his head and should be lowered into a role with less responsibility. They said he hadn't scored in 12-13 games.

I understood the fact that he had to start shooting more, which he did Saturday night, but how can you sit there saying that about Galchenyuk and not bring up Desharnais? this guy is heading toward 50 games without a 5v5 goal, but for the life of me no one will bring this up in the media...

It was clear to me last year that Galchenyuk should be used at center.
For the life of me I never understood why some posters used his faceoffs/defensive abilities as an excuse to use him on the wing, as if those were legitimate reasons.
Right now it's pretty evident that he would benefit from playing in the position that opens up more room and gives him the puck as often as possible.
Even on the PP, I do not know why we're not focusing on him up front. He's by far our most creative forward. He can set up guys and has a bullet of a shot. We used to give AKost around 3min of ice time on the PP per game. Kovalev got over 4min.
I don't understand why we're giving so much ice on the PP to guys that have never been major contributors to our PP.

Pricef*

Just his own stupid thoughts. As much as Lavoie was the only credible french insider, his opinions hockey wise have always been dumb.
Bergevin himself at the beginning of the season said the plan was still to develop Galchenyuk as a center. This is the last year DD is centering Pacioretty. I don't think they'll finish the year together either.

Watching Galchenyuk play, he seems like too much of a puck hog to be honest. he needs to use his linemates more

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Watching Galchenyuk play, he seems like too much of a puck hog to be honest. he needs to use his linemates more

A puck hog?? I'm not sure how you see this really, the guy rarely holds on to the puck.
I want him to carry the puck more. Kovalev was a puck hog, Galchenyuk isn't.

Pricef*

A puck hog?? I'm not sure how you see this really, the guy rarely holds on to the puck.

I find him often trying to deke out a couple of opponents instead of shooting or passing to an open teammate

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
I find him often trying to deke out a couple of opponents instead of shooting or passing to an open teammate

Often? I don't really see him not making a pass when his teammate is open like you said, what I do see is him not wanting to take an outside shot with a low scoring chance but instead trying to deke out someone in order to get a higher quality chance. I don't see what's wrong in doing that, he will score alot of goals by doing that and sometimes in the process will get pinched trying to deke. He's the forward who creates the most chances for him and his teammates out of this entire team, I really don't see how you can call him a puck hog.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Several professional analysts thought, heading into the season, that this was the year for Galchenyuk at centre and that he would be able to hit 70 pts and eventually become a PPG centre. One analyst realized that he has the skillset of a game breaking C and not of a winger, the fact that he can see the ice like no one on this team and that he can carry it from his end to the other end, then make a perfect pass to one of this wingers, or deke a D and score. He can't do that as a winger. The analyst in question coached a 20 year old Chris Pronger and knows a bit about player development.

But I guess the analyst in question has a poor understanding on how top flight talent like Galchenyuk should be developed.

Shenanigans.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Talent is there but not effectiveness. Sometimes he tries to do too much or tries to shoot a perfect shot instead of a simple accurate shot.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

The local pundits would like you to believe he is not ready.
That he is poor defensively, and that he is poor in the faceoff circle...
Has there ever been a bigger crock dumped on the heads of the Habs fanbase?

The reality is he would be displacing a very limited player.
People forget how DD struggled defensively when he was given the reins.
AG is far better now than DD was back then. He is stronger, faster, smarter, and more skilled.
There are two forwards on this team I would make sure get playing time with everyone.
Max Pacioretty and Alex Galchenyuk.
Why he hasn't been given playing time at center during some of those blowouts is beyond me.
I guess if one of our Top 3 go down Prust gets the nod? :help:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Eller is a puck hog too...
Oh wait he actually has someone to pass to. :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad