Gally at center

Gil128

Jul 30, 2005
I was listening to Renaud Lavoie, on SN Toronto radio with Jeff Blair, Renaud said that he doesn't think that Gally will get a chance to play center and that he thought he was a winger and not a center, not sure if he got this info from the Habs or if this is his own thoughts, what do people think, I think we have to get move of DD and move Gally to center, are the Habs not taking advantage of Malhotra to teach Gally how to take draws and Pleks defensive knowledge

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Just his own stupid thoughts. As much as Lavoie was the only credible french insider, his opinions hockey wise have always been dumb.
Bergevin himself at the beginning of the season said the plan was still to develop Galchenyuk as a center. This is the last year DD is centering Pacioretty. I don't think they'll finish the year together either.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
I really hope that somehow Galchenyuk replaces DD before the playoffs but with the way Therrien has been handling things, I doubt we see Chucky at center until next year.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Bergevin and Therrien both said they see Chucky playing centre in the future, I believe Dudley recent said the same thing.

I think he can handle 3rd line easily minutes at centre now, don't think he is ready for top 2 minutes at centre.

As much as I'd like to happen sooner rather than later, there is no rush, Seguin didn't move to centre until his 3 or 4th NHL season and he is doing just fine.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
I was listening to Renaud Lavoie, on SN Toronto radio with Jeff Blair, Renaud said that he doesn't think that Gally will get a chance to play center and that he thought he was a winger and not a center, not sure if he got this info from the Habs or if this is his own thoughts, what do people think, I think we have to get move of DD and move Gally to center, are the Habs not taking advantage of Malhotra to teach Gally how to take draws and Pleks defensive knowledge

This makes no sense.

What is stopping Alex from learning from Manny and Plek about faceoffs and defensive knowledge now.

These are things that you can work on during practice...

Gallagher who is a RWer and will always be a RWer works on his faceoffs, he sometimes takes faceoffs on the right circle.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Very original thread.

savard95

May 9, 2014
Montréal
This makes no sense.

What is stopping Alex from learning from Manny and Plek about faceoffs and defensive knowledge now.

These are things that you can work on during practice...

Gallagher who is a RWer and will always be a RWer works on his faceoffs, he sometimes takes faceoffs on the right circle.

Because you learn way more through MISTAKES and correcting them in game than doing the same play over and over again in pratice...

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
The complete incompetence of the French media when it comes to objectively assessing local talent is a ****ing embarrassment. No one ever questions Davie, but they're already getting on Galchenyuk's case.

This doesn't surprise me, but I'm sure this is Davie's last season with the Habs. He'll flop again in the playoffs, and barely hit 40 points despite playing 20 minutes a game with a ton of PP minutes. MB will notice this, as he has noticed the past 2 seasons, and will ship him in favour of Galchenyuk at centre. This'll happen in the off season though.

Saintpatrick*

I really hope that somehow Galchenyuk replaces DD before the playoffs but with the way Therrien has been handling things, I doubt we see Chucky at center until next year.

Even then I doubt he'll be moved to center.

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
Renaud Lavoie is seriously the worst analyst out there. His pro-french things are worse than the rest. Had to unfollow him on twitter because it was getting disgusting.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
It's becoming evident that Davey is a complete disgrace as a 1C. But why would Therrien still play him there? There has to be some logical justification for the uninterrupted charity hand-outs he's receiving from the coaching staff? First and foremost getting the opportunity to be the worst First-line player in the NHL!

Simple solution: Everyone else is worse! The attacks on everyone else have started. OK, Davey Sucks (ssshhh, let's not say it too loud)... But everyone else sucks even more! Galchenyuk sucks! Eller sucks! Subban sucks! Sekac sucks! ...

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007

I heard this interview. I don't know what Lavoie is like in French, but in English he's a long winded rambling tool. Blair tossed questions to him and after several minutes of talking I forgot what the question was. He just talks and talks and ...

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
He's going to finish the year on the left wing. You people complaining about him not being played at center, have a poor understanding of how a talent like him should be handled.

Chucky is going to be a force to reckon with in a couple of years, as a center.

Last edited:

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
He's going to finish the year on the left wing. You people complaining about him not being played at center, have a poor understanding of how a talent like him should be handled.

Chucky is going to be a force to reckon with in a couple of years, as a center.

Lol. Nice edit there.

Poor understanding? That's a little rich for someone who thinks this roster minus Price would contend for McDavid don't you think?

But thanks for clearing it up for everyone else with a carefully thought-out argument.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad