vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal
2013 NHL Fantasy Draft
Discussion Thread

Links
Draft Thread

Roster Thread

Welcome to Galchenyum's 2013 NHL Fantasy Draft. Currently, the Washington Capitals need a GM, PM me if you're interested in taking over.

Below you should find everything you need to know about the game. Please read the rules thoroughly and feel free to PM me any questions, or bring them up in this thread.

[FIELDSET="Game Rules & Information"]
[FIELDSET="Game Schedule"]
2013 Offseason
• Sunday, June 2nd - 30-round NHL Fantasy Draft
• Date TBD - 10-round unsigned player/prospect Draft

2014 Offseason
• Date TBD - 18-round NHL re-draft
• Date TBD - 5-round unsigned player/prospect Draft
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="General Game Rules"]
• The Salary Cap will be set at $75M for the 2013-14 season. In order to keep things simple and accurate, the salary cap will be calculated on a "total cap-hit" basis rather than the more complex daily cap-hit system the NHL employs. Basically, if you remove a player with a 6M cap-hit from your roster at any point in the season(trade, injury, etc), subract that $6M from your total cap-hit. If you replace that player with another at $4M, you now add that $4M to your salary total. All GMs will be expected to manage their team's financials on the roster thread throughout the entirety of the game.
• We will use www.capgeek.com for player salary information.
• GMs will be required to have at least 30 players under contract each season in order to ensure that enough players are available to the GM in the case of injuries.
• A 20 man line-up(12 forwards, 6 defensemen, 2 goalies[starter/back-up]) must be kept active at all times. These 20 players will earn you points in the pool. You may also have up to 3 scratched players for a total of 23 players on the roster. These will count against your cap.
• Roster changes(injuries, call-ups, trades) will take place one day per week and be reflected on your line-up for that following week. Each week your roster will have to fit under the cap.
• There will be a waivers thread during the season. Players outside of your 23-man roster will be considered to be in the AHL and waivers will be in effect for affected roster movements.
• All real-life NTC's and other contract clauses will be ignored. The yearly cap-hit of the player is all we will take into consideration.
• No relocating/renaming/rebranding of your team. We'll be sticking to the 30 current NHL teams for simplicity's sake.
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Fantasy Draft Rules"]
• The Fantasy Draft will consist of 30 rounds.
• Only players under contract(including expiring contracts) will be eligible for the fantasy draft. A separate 10-round draft will follow the fantasy draft for all unsigned players and prospects, including 2013 NHL Draft eligible prospects (MacKinnon, Jones, etc).
• The draft clock will run from 10AM EST time to 2AM. During this time you will have three hours, starting from the time the pick prior to yours was posted, to make your selection. Picks can still be made at night but the three-hour rule is frozen during this time. For example, if your window starts at midnight EST but you are unavailable until the next morning, you will have until 11AM EST to make your pick as the final hour of your window resumes its countdown starting at 10AM.
• GMs are expected to PM the commissioner(me) a list of players they are targeting before every round in order of preference. These lists will only be looked at and used if your pick is about to be skipped.
• If you miss your pick and failed to provide a list, this will constitute as a strike. Three strikes(or two consecutive picks) and the GM is fired, replaced by another.
• GMs who fail to make their selection within their four-hour window will be assigned a player based on the past seasons points and my judgement. I will mostly go with the easy pick and will not auto-pick players based on potential, or goalies.
• Once your pick has passed, please take ten seconds of your time to PM the next GM and let them know they they are up.[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Re-Draft Rules"]
• The re-draft will occur every offseason starting in 2014 and will consist of 18 rounds of all signed unprotected players.
• Teams will send in a list of 12 keepers who will not enter the re-draft(six forwards, four defensemen, one goalie and a wildcard keeper of your choice).
• Players who go undrafted and are under contract return to their original teams.
• Teams will also have the opportunity to retain 5 unsigned prospects per season.
• A second draft will occur following the re-draft, for all unsigned and 2014 NHL draft eligible prospects (example: Aaron Ekblad will be an eligible pick).
• Once your pick has passed, please take ten seconds of your time to PM the next GM and let them know they they are up.[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Trades"]
• Trading is obviously a big part of the game and will be allowed throughout the drafts and season. You may trade fantasy draft picks, redraft picks, and all players available to you.
• All trades must be PMed to me BY BOTH GMs for final approval before being officially announced. In order to keep the game somewhat realistic and balanced, any trades I consider to be severely lopsided will be discussed with the rest of the GMs and voted on before being approved. The first 11 votes posted in the discussion thread will be used to determine whether the trade is accepted or not.
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="2013-14 Pool Points System"]
• Forwards: Goal=1 point, Assist=1 point
• Defensemen: Goal=2 points, Assist=1 point
• Goalies: Win=2 points, Shutout=1 point
[/FIELDSET]
[/FIELDSET]

General Managers
Team | User
Anaheim| sweetKO41
Boston| Gordo221
Buffalo| SabresBills2013
Calgary| montek
Carolina| Jussijuice
Chicago| Cayouche5
Colorado| Yandle Bars
Columbus| SoulAssassin
Dallas| LatvianTwist
Detroit| The Waffler
Edmonton| Koivu777
Florida| Dark Knight
Los Angeles| Habs in Pink
Minnesota| sabresEH
Montreal| Galchenyum
Nashville| AlbertaOilfire
New Jersey| King Canuck
NY Islanders| MarkusNaslund19
NY Rangers| Nedved
Ottawa| tony d
Philadelphia| Slats432
Phoenix| Cyclops
Pittsburgh| PurpleKSubban
San Jose| VanIslander
St. Louis| terriers
Tampa Bay| BoldNewLettuce
Toronto| chuckinsauce21
Vancouver| DonutLee
Washington|
Winnipeg| JI123

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I'm definitely down for this. I can help run it as well, I ran one a few months ago and it went pretty smoothly.

I could help pull a lot of people who I know will be active here, as well.

vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal
I'm definitely down for this. I can help run it as well, I ran one a few months ago and it went pretty smoothly.

I could help pull a lot of people who I know will be active here, as well.

Awesome, thanks. Would definitely be needing some capable hands and all the active posters we can get so I appreciate that.

Would it be re-drafting the whole league basically?

Pretty much, yeah.

vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal
Oh, okay. If it were just a draft over the summer I'd be interested, but I don't think I'd have time to manage another fantasy team over the rest of the year. Good luck, though.

No worries man. In the last fantasy draft I tried i kinda just wanted to have a draft just for fun and I think the fact that there wasn't a clear end goal for the draft was a big contributing factor in the fact that a lot of the posters lost interest. That's why this time im interested in seeing how successful it would be as more of a keeper league idea. Thanks for the interest though!

vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal
Added a tentative list of interested posters to the OP. If we can get that list filled at least half way within a reasonable time frame I'll start to organize things in a more official manner.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Full drafts don't really take that long (2 weeks at most, typically); if someone has/could get a sim engine, we could run through a season or two during the summer and keep it going if there's enough activity later on in the year.

vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal
Full drafts don't really take that long (2 weeks at most, typically); if someone has/could get a sim engine, we could run through a season or two during the summer and keep it going if there's enough activity later on in the year.

I'm anticipating it taking quite a bit longer than that due to the looming offseason and more posters spending time outside and such rather than sitting at their computers while watching hockey for a few hours every night. I could be wrong but it's what I'm expecting.

vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal
Wait, is this a sim or a keeper league type of pool?

I'm not really interested if it's a sim.

LatvianTwist is the only one who mentioned anything about a sim, and even then I took him to mean that for just over the summer if the draft gets completed just to keep us entertained until the season starts. I intend to turn this into a keeper league based on real NHL stats.

vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal
Any more interest?

Also, those who already mentioned interest, I figure you guys could pick your teams right away since you were here first so go ahead and reserve your teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad