News Article: Galchenyuk - Top Franchise Forward according to Washington Post

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
I would trade Galchenyuk for most of the players on that list.. :help:

I would wait.

Kid has the right attitude, made the league as a very young player, and already demonstrated that coming back from an injury in the friggin ECF is nothing to him. He might not be a pure offensive force (yet), but he's got an overall quality to his game that might make him one of most complete #1 centers in the league. The kind you win cups with.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Well, out of that list, Galchenyuk (to his defense) is the only one that's been as sheltered as he is. Once the Habs decide to unleash the beast and put him on a top 2 line at center position with Pacioretty and Gallagher, I don't think 60-70 points is out of the question.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
As usual, depends on what he's done, what he's asking for, what kind of player he looks like...

Not opposed to the idea of a bridge depending on the circumstances but we absolutely cannot do another ridiculous lowball. That can't happen again.

Agreed. If Galchenyuk maintains a low average around 40, I could accept a bridge deal. Just offer him 3.5M at least.

As for the list, I still believe Galchenyuk has a 90 point future ahead of him. The kid just oozes talent, albeit his defensive game needs some work. We just need to utilize him better. Boston tried to shelter Seguin and ended up trying him where he then exploded.

PricePkPatch*

I like the facr that they are not sheltering Chuckie. He plays with the toughest of Center, the hard assignments.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Agreed. If Galchenyuk maintains a low average around 40, I could accept a bridge deal. Just offer him 3.5M at least.

As for the list, I still believe Galchenyuk has a 90 point future ahead of him. The kid just oozes talent, albeit his defensive game needs some work. We just need to utilize him better. Boston tried to shelter Seguin and ended up trying him where he then exploded.

3.5M per year is was too much for a bridge deal IMO.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex

His five playoff games tell a positive story I feel.

May 19 he played 13:23 and definitely looked to have some rust.

May 22 he went up to 15:13 and scored a goal.

May 25 he played 16:51, which he only surpassed three times in regular season.

May 27 his minutes went down to 13:35 but he had a goal and an assist.

May 29 had him back to the 16:01 mark with zero points in a shutout loss. He however had three solid shifts in the final three minutes of the third period. He actually played more in the third than in the first or second based on shifts.

I think that's a stamp of confidence. Maybe he won't be guaranteed 15+ every single game but if it's more common than not, I'd say he'll be bringing some real heat to the club.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I loved this pick when they made, and still do now. Was always impressed with him his rookie year in the O. Skill, IQ, toughness ( not fighting but battling, going to tough areas, coming back from injury)
Hes going to be a great 2nd C, solid first C

Way better pro potential than the "other" Sting F who went early ;)

Release the cracken coach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad