Eklund Rumor: Galchenyuk for Marc Staal + A Pick

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I would love to watch Weber/Petry/Staal/Markov all simultaneously start to massively slow down in 2-3 years. :laugh:

I don't think it's possible for Staal to get any slower than he is right now.

As hilarious as this would be, with the way the Habs attacked the Rangers when Staal was on the ice during the playoffs, this would never happen. They know whats up.

SML

Mar 13, 2002
Visit site
Forget driving him to the airport. I'd pull Staals ass
to Montreal in a freaking Rickshaw. I almost don't even care what the pick is.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Just waking up and read this and did not think it was that bad . My bad . I was think it was the good Staal from the Canes .

Lack of sleep and HF does not mix . :(

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Was this posted just to make the Stepan to Montreal trade sound better? Sneaky work!

All jokes side, we don't need a player back, we'll just ship our first and Staal for some conditional love.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Only way this works is if they retroactively get the 1st overall pick in 2015. It's that horrible

member 157595

For the sake of argument, let's assume this abortion of an idea is actually a real rumor...

Ahem.
---------
1) Doesn't Staal have a NMC? If so, would he waive it for Montreal?
2) Can the Habs fit Staal under the cap without very significant retention?
3) I don't care if the pick is the Rangers' 1st and they retain 50% on Staal, there is no universe where moving Galchenyuk for Staal + a pick makes sense for Montreal in any way. It would be "break the internet" bad. Not only does it remove Montreal's main (and only, since other valuable pieces aren't being moved) trade chip for a desperately needed center, it actually makes their current defense worse since Staal is absolutely freaking horrible.

Since I'm a Toronto fan, I would give almost anything for Montreal to move Galchenyuk for Marc Staal + a pick because that would all but guarantee no Stanley Cup for the foreseeable future. I see no way that happens though.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Eklund... just because a different Montreal GM traded McDonagh to a different NY GM for Scott Gomez doesn't mean there's a pattern you've discovered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad