Proposal: Galchenyuk+ for Giroux

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Philly says no

Ye its understandable. Giroux is the face of the franchise etc. But they are not contenders imo and they might be better off trading him for a younger center who fits their young defensemen etc better and Galchenyuk is a very good player already. Is the value decent if you dont think about Giroux beeing the captain and face of the franchise etc?

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
As a Philly fan, I'd entertain Gally+ for Giroux, but it would need to include another piece that isn't "a dime a dozen" like a late 1st in a weak draft, and/or De La Rose.

Last edited:

VoynovsParoleOfficer

Jun 13, 2015
hmmmmmmmmmm....personally think something around Galch for Simmonds works better thats just me though, i wouldn't trade Galch for someone with that demanding of a contract even though G is pretty much Elite C anyway you look at it

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
hmmmmmmmmmm....personally think something around Galch for Simmonds works better thats just me though, i wouldn't trade Galch for someone with that demanding of a contract even though G is pretty much Elite C anyway you look at it

That would be a huge mistake imo. Your center depth would be horrible. You dont really have a cap problem. Adding Giroux´s cap hit wouldnt be a problem with Galchenyuk(rfa/traded), Markov, Desharnais etc beeing ufa this summer. Plekanec and Emelin next summer.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014

Galchenyuk is not getting traded for a winger...our C depth would then be:

Danault
Desharnais
Plekanec
Mitchell

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012
I would do Galchenyuk + Beaulieu + 2017 2nd (highest one we have) for Giroux.

Assuming Philly would value Beaulieu + 2nd more than JDLR + 1st.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
No from Montreal. Galchenyuk value is higher than Giroux IMO

It's definitely not. Galchenyuk may be 6 years younger but Giroux is still a high end forward. He said having a down year but Giroux is still a 65-70 point forward. Galchenyuk himself has good trade value but if any deal went down it's Montreal who adds not Philly. Giroux is a legit #1 center. Montreal isn't adding a B prospect and a 2nd. Sergachev+.

Reactions: Curufinwe

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
no thank you. not interested in a 30 year old center with that cap hit.

the 6 year difference in age doesnt entice me.

galchenyuk, gallagher, Juulsen and a 1st

for Giroux and Simmonds now were talking

otherwise

shut it down

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Giroux's ppg pace has been falling for 4 straight years now. Add in the age factor and Berge Vin would be an imbecile to pull off such a trade even one on one.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Its an interesting idea. I've tossed the idea around before, get the superior but older player. A Bergevin special.;)

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Flyers shouldn't trade their best center, especially for a winger as the center piece.
Before anyone says anything, Galchenyuk is as much a center as Schenn.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Talking about trading Galchenyuk or Giroux for both fan bases, is a touchy subject.
This is not a bad proposal, but I don't see either team making this deal.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Giroux and Del Zotto for Galchenyuk and Sergachev.

Or

Giroux and Gostisbehere for Galchenyuk, Sergachev and a 1st.

PensArmy

Feb 11, 2017
Wasn't just a few years ago Giroux was supposed to be a 100 points a year player, I heard his speed is slowing down, is that correct Flyer fans??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad