Proposal: Galchenyuk for Brodin and other possibilities

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
At this point they're completely unwilling to even letting him try Center again (when our already terrible center depth was going downhill last season they opted to try Byron at C before Chuck lmao) so we'll never really know if he could do it right. I'm not saying anything like "Galchenyuk is a natural center who could easily be a top line center" or any crap like that, simply saying that management here isn't really willing to even let him try again.
By "management" do you mean Bergevin? As an outsider it does seem telling that two separate coaches have kept him at the wing, but there might be more drama to it than I realize.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Every habs player is always worth nothing, every other team's players are worth 10x more

****ing yawn
Or every Habs player is always worth more than other players. Galchenyuk has been Montreal's whipping boy prior to this season and now you think he is going to get Brodin+?

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
By "management" do you mean Bergevin? As an outsider it does seem telling that two separate coaches have kept him at the wing, but there might be more drama to it than I realize.

Galchenyuk is just not defensively aware enough to be a center. He got all the other tools though. Don't know if it is possible to shleter him with good two-way wingers but at the end of the day, i will always trust experienced nhl coaches over hfb posters.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Or every Habs player is always worth more than other players. Galchenyuk has been Montreal's whipping boy prior to this season and now you think he is going to get Brodin+?

As a habs fan, i think we would need to add to Galchenyuk to get Brodin. That being said, since we already lack offensive power, i'm not sure it makes sense for us to do that kind of deal.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

What is Brodin worth? He's not that good of a player lol. He suffers from the Tanev syndrome.

StateOfHockey101

May 19, 2015
As a wild fan, I actually would do this trade. I do think brodin does have slightly more value, but it's around even value. I'd love to see a line with granny and galchenyuk. Thatd be fun to watch.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Lol. You’re right, being a good defender makes you not that good of a player.

When that's the only aspect of your game yeah it doesn't make you anything more than a 3-4 guy

Oh ok, thanks for coming out. If you truly believe Brodin is not a good player you need to be on some other forum.

I don't remember saying he isn't a good player, would you be able to actually read my post to confirm?

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
When that's the only aspect of your game yeah it doesn't make you anything more than a 3-4 guy

Brodin is not that bad offensively. He would absolutely be our best lhd and solidify that side. That being said i agree with you.I see him as a no.3 D.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Brodin is not that bad offensively. He would absolutely be our best lhd and solidify that side. That being said i agree with you.I see him as a no.3 D.

He's a good dman but he is a tanev, he doesn't have much more to his game than a good defensive game.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Galchenyuk for brodie+Jankowski??????

Yeesh.
Brodie probably has more value than Galchenyuk alone at this time.

Galchenyuk would be a nice add for Calgary; but not sure he's the caliber of player you move a top 4D for.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Let's try to work a deal, without the usual flaming from both sides between Minny and Mtl. Both teams need to change it up. I am sure that half of the posters feel that Minny will be alright with the current squad. But the GM just got canned, coach to follow if he can't get it done.

Galchenyuk for Brodin. I think the deal is fair on both sides, Offensively they don't match up but they both fill a need. It would even be better if Coyle could be added ( don't say Weber going back), I hate to say it but I would be willing to add Petry but more would have to be coming back. You have to give to get. Other players could be added.
Don't know Brodin that well but overall I hope we keep Galchenyuk and trade Pacioretty

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Brodin isn't really going to push the Habs in a positive direction. Not a fan of his defensive play. Still a better chance Chuck takes off if he has the right linemates to complement him (i.e. not Drouin).

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not interested in Brodin if Galchenyuk is the piece going the other way. Galchenyuk is only 24 and has shown signs last year at maturing on the wing. Julien is taking a different approach with him and the 2nd half of the season, Galchenyuk improved.

If Galchenyuk is traded, it's for a deal we can't refuse. Can't see that happening as all other fans want to buy low. Habs are not trading low

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad