Proposal: Galchenyuk for Brodin and other possibilities

Wandering Maroon

Sep 11, 2010
Let's try to work a deal, without the usual flaming from both sides between Minny and Mtl. Both teams need to change it up. I am sure that half of the posters feel that Minny will be alright with the current squad. But the GM just got canned, coach to follow if he can't get it done.

Galchenyuk for Brodin. I think the deal is fair on both sides, Offensively they don't match up but they both fill a need. It would even be better if Coyle could be added ( don't say Weber going back), I hate to say it but I would be willing to add Petry but more would have to be coming back. You have to give to get. Other players could be added.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Galchenyuk for brodie+Jankowski??????

Have both those players really struggled to lower their value, or do you just really like Galchenyuk ?

As for the op, unless Montreal is bringing in the 3rd overall pick, a top 6 forward from a trade and a top 9 forward from free agency, habs can't make that deal. Habs need offense more than Minnesota does.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Have both those players really struggled to lower their value, or do you just really like Galchenyuk ?

As for the op, unless Montreal is bringing in the 3rd overall pick, a top 6 forward from a trade and a top 9 forward from free agency, habs can't make that deal. Habs need offense more than Minnesota does.
Esp considering the impeding trade of our best goal scorer in the past decade.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I think habs need to add significantly here.
with all the talent the wild have on the wing, why are they adding another guy that makes nearly 5mil?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Let's try to work a deal, without the usual flaming from both sides between Minny and Mtl. Both teams need to change it up. I am sure that half of the posters feel that Minny will be alright with the current squad. But the GM just got canned, coach to follow if he can't get it done.

Galchenyuk for Brodin. I think the deal is fair on both sides, Offensively they don't match up but they both fill a need. It would even be better if Coyle could be added ( don't say Weber going back), I hate to say it but I would be willing to add Petry but more would have to be coming back. You have to give to get. Other players could be added.

Would love Galchenyuk. He’s the type of player I could see having a huge season with some new scenery. That being said, trading Brodin right now would be unwise with suter’s health up in the air. Fenton has made it pretty clear that he wants to build on our solid D, not sell them off.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

While the value is fair i think we should Pass. W e need Chucky more than Brodin.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
fraid NOT
OK, you guys just keep on doing what you're doing, and we'll do our thing.

Wild can't trade any of their top 4, because at the moment they only have a top 3. The Suter injury is serious, and it is unclear how complete his recovery is. If Brodin (or another top 4 D) is being traded, it won't be for a guy like Galchenyuk, who has struggled with playing a complete, consistent game. He has talent, but when multiple coaching staffs have issues with his play you have to start doubting him- and I know many in MTL do.

After all, if he was a legit C, wouldn't they keep him? Isn't that what they need there? Wild don't need another winger.

Owen Doty

Jan 1, 2018
Galchenyuk for brodie+Jankowski??????
not a chance. That's a significant overpayment. Brodie straight up for Galchenyuk would be more fair, but I dont know that I would do it as it doesn't really help the flames. We need a RHS

Last edited:

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Every habs player is always worth nothing, every other team's players are worth 10x more

f***ing yawn

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Montreal will likely trade Pacioretty which means they aren't going to trade Galchenyuk. Its trade one keep the other if they were to trade Galchenyuk then Pacioretty would have to be signed to an extension at 7 000 000 + per which isn't likely to happen .

Last edited:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I think habs need to add significantly here.
with all the talent the wild have on the wing, why are they adding another guy that makes nearly 5mil?
While I don't see the need for Galchenyuk in Minni, there would be no need for the Habs to add. I also don't see the point of trading away offence when the Habs have big issues there already.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I disagree that Brodin is more valuable than Galchenyuk; they seem pretty close, and which one you take probably comes down largely to team needs. Minnesota could probably use a young scoring winger like Galchenyuk, but I guess with Suter out one might be hesitant to give up our second best LD. It sounds like Montreal could use a young LD like Brodin, but they have offensive issues of their own, especially if Pacioretty is on the way out.

I could see it happen if both teams were making other moves as well. I am a little curious (and nervous) to see whether or not a bigger trade materializes between the two teams this summer. Reports have been that Bergevin and Fletcher had gotten close a few times over the last year or two. It could be something that Fenton picks up and pulls the trigger on, for better or for worse.

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
OK, you guys just keep on doing what you're doing, and we'll do our thing.

Wild can't trade any of their top 4, because at the moment they only have a top 3. The Suter injury is serious, and it is unclear how complete his recovery is. If Brodin (or another top 4 D) is being traded, it won't be for a guy like Galchenyuk, who has struggled with playing a complete, consistent game. He has talent, but when multiple coaching staffs have issues with his play you have to start doubting him- and I know many in MTL do.

After all, if he was a legit C, wouldn't they keep him? Isn't that what they need there? Wild don't need another winger.
At this point they're completely unwilling to even letting him try Center again (when our already terrible center depth was going downhill last season they opted to try Byron at C before Chuck lmao) so we'll never really know if he could do it right. I'm not saying anything like "Galchenyuk is a natural center who could easily be a top line center" or any crap like that, simply saying that management here isn't really willing to even let him try again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad