Rumor: Gagner New Captain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
Interesting. I always saw Gagner as sort of the leader of all the kids actually, especially considering his age and experience. You can visibly see Gagner as the main guy when ever the kid line are doing an interview together etc. (ill see if I can find one). Also I think Gagner's on ice and off ice chemistry also exemplifies his leadership qualities.

Last edited:

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
I would be completely fine with this, his character on and off the ice is captain like. As well he can have an impact on the game, much more than our previous captains. He's a lead by example type, I feel Hall would be the best on the ice however he still has much maturing to do. Gagners been around for a long long time and I won't be upset if he's named captain.... Yeah I'm a Gagner fan.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Was just about to post that. The more I think about it, the more sense it makes. It's not like their breaking a trade or anything so I think this news has a good chance of being true.

Still DRAI

Jun 15, 2013
Honestly, Hall must have turned down the captaincy if true - however, Gagner is more than an acceptable second choice. I know he gets a lot of hate here on HFoil, but the one thing that you can't say against the guy is that he suffers from any shortage of character.

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
I never even thought about Gags being a potential captain until I read this. I have to say though it does seem like a good fit.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I would be completely fine with this, his character on and off the ice is captain like. As well he can have an impact on the game, much more than our previous captains. He's a lead by example type, I feel Hall would be the best on the ice however he still has much maturing to do. Gagners been around for a long long time and I won't be upset if he's named captain.... Yeah I'm a Gagner fan.

Agree 100%. I was thinking it'd make sense back when his contract negotiation was going on, but figured people would think I'm nuts :laugh:

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
How so? This post is not laced with the usual immature **** he sprinkles in. I have no doubt he was told Gagner is the new captain.

I don't believe for a second that he's (ie. supposedly Eakins) made his decision yet. And if by some crazy circumstance Eakins has decided, I highly doubt "Wayne" would be the one to break the story.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
I figured he was going to be the guy.

Hall seems more like an on ice leader than off the ice.

I don't think you will find anyone around EDM who has bad things to say about Sam. He's a stand up guy. I hope he brings it every game with the C on his chest. No more coasting. Could be the best thing to happen to him.

BFDBFD

Oct 9, 2007
Luanda, Angola
Sorry, I totally should have put RUMOUR in the thread title and I don't know how to change it now. Perhaps a friendly mod could change it for me?

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
How reliable is the source? I find it tough to believe that we went down to the wire on contract negotiations with our new captain.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
Hall is in EDM indefinitely, why not just give him the C and Gagner an A?

Maybe because Gagner might actually be the better choice? Fan's assume too much regarding locker room politics imo. Sure Hall might have good on ice drive and work ethic but there's much more to that regarding captaincy.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Gagner is probably a better leader off ice. Older/ more mature and is also a leader on ice. But I'd rather not have a captain this season and have 3 As. Or give to amid for a year. If you give it to gagner hell have it for a long time.

Apocalyptic Mist*

Tell him TreenasOil says he's full of ****. As per Garfield.

I have a question im hoping to have answered by atleast 1 person here, not betting on it though... Who the **** is Garfield? :dunce:

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
I don't think Hall wants to be captain , he just wants to concentrate on hockey alone and minimize any off ice distractions jmo.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
How reliable is the source? I find it tough to believe that we went down to the wire on contract negotiations with our new captain.

OilersNation is pretty legit, Wayne probably wouldn't risk lying or spreading rumours. Plus he seems to have a couple sources regarding Gagner, he broke out a couple of things during the negotiations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad