Gagarin Cup Final 2013 • Dynamo Moscow vs. Traktor Chelyabinsk

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Bitter end for Traktor but if we see all the season Dynamo Moscow are the deserved champions 2013!!! :handclap: Congrats! :handclap:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Really hope some important players leave Dynamo in the off-season to give a team a different look, kinda boring to see the same faces in the final all the time. I mean Dynamo still has 11 players from 09/10 MVD roster

Last edited:

Dares

May 13, 2009
Traktor deserved the cup as much. So many chances to score. Their guys are low on finishing.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
What i really disliked was that on the hats they gave to players it said " Chempion Rasiji",I dont really think thats appropriate.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
What i really disliked was that on the hats they gave to players it said " Chempion Rasiji",I dont really think thats appropriate.

I'm sure if a foreign club had won it would say ''KHL champion'' but since KHL is open Russian championship it's well understandable why a Russian club would have it written like that.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I'm sure if a foreign club had won it would say ''KHL champion'' but since KHL is open Russian championship it's well understandable why a Russian club would have it written like that.

They need to get rid of this stupid "open Russian championship" its nonsense,it`s the KHL,just like NHL is not open American/Canadian championship.

russianhockey

Apr 22, 2007
www.russianhockey.de
congratulation dynamo...
hatsoff.gif

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
They need to get rid of this stupid "open Russian championship" its nonsense,it`s the KHL,just like NHL is not open American/Canadian championship.

EBEL has 8 Austrian teams and 4 foreign teams and yet the best Austrian team is Austrian champion.

In a league with 20 Russian teams and six other teams who represent one country each who all have their respective national championships, it's more than correct to call Dynamo Moscow the Russian champions!

PS: And KHL is the highest Russian league even according to FHR. Otherwise there wouldn't be all these scheduling problems. So why shouldn't the winner of the highest league of a country become champions of the country?

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
EBEL has 8 Austrian teams and 4 foreign teams and yet the best Austrian team is Austrian champion.

In a league with 20 Russian teams and six other teams who represent one country each who all have their respective national championships, it's more than correct to call Dynamo Moscow the Russian champions!

PS: And KHL is the highest Russian league even according to FHR. Otherwise there wouldn't be all these scheduling problems. So why shouldn't the winner of the highest league of a country become champions of the country?

I dont care about correctness.wrongness or whatever,its ****ing stupid,club hockey is club hockey,just like NHL winners are Stanley cup Champion KHL winners should be Gagarin cup champions.
Champions of russia implys that KHL is the same as Russian superleague.

Spektanto

May 31, 2012
Chelyabinsk
This will be a post of spasibos :)

Though I'm a fan of Traktor, thanks Dynamo. Such a great finals could be only with such a great opponent.
Big thanks to Traktor fans who didn't whistle on Dynamo and throw stuff on the ice (you know whom I do mean). They showed themselves as true supporters.
And the biggest thanks ever to Traktor, the team that has taken the highest place in its history. Managers took the right way of trust in the same coach for years and making the roster according to his knowledge and tactics. They managed to make a true Chelyabinsk team with 13 native players.

Special thanks to HFBoards - you have really improved my English :D

Now I'm looking forward to the WC and then to the off-season - this summer gonna be pretty amazing.
The KHL is Russia Open just according to all the documents. Can't get what's wrong with it. If we don't take the documents - KHL is definitely not the same as the Superleague.

Last edited:

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
I dont care about correctness.wrongness or whatever,its ****ing stupid,club hockey is club hockey,just like NHL winners are Stanley cup Champion KHL winners should be Gagarin cup champions.

I fear you don't get the difference. The Gagarin Cup winners are not automatically Russian champions but the highest placed Russian team of KHL which 5 times turned out to be the Gagarin Cup winners just as EBEL has always been won so far by Austrian teams. If let's say Bratislava wins next year against Kazan in finals, then Kazan are Russian champions and Bratislava are winners of KHL and thus Gagarin Cup.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
KHL/Gagarin Cup or Russian Champion

Problem is with IIHF/FHR rules, therefore we have in documents that it is called Open Championship.

Best russian team in PO is called russian champion and gets Gold, 2nd gets Silver, 3rd gets Bronze. Btw, I heard a rumour that KHL wants to change it, not best russian team in PO is russian champion, but best russian team in regulars.

Look at VHL, Saryarka will not get medals, only Bratina.

It is not important, that there is russian title, fans dont care.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
epic fail by garnett and quint:shakehead

Quint but not Garnett. Quint was poking at Garnett while his guy stood alone. Quint had a good series though so I don't want to put the blame of the series on him. The offense was more of a problem for Traktor... If I had to I would put the blame on Kuznetsov who, better than a magician could -disapeared for the finals. Missed 2 breakaways in the series that would have changed the outcome of the games. Obviously was not as clutch as he has been in the past.

od71

Apr 8, 2012
Congrats, Dynamo. Traktor is a most entertaining team to watch now. They play beautiful skilled hockey, I love it. Hope they will win next time. Crazy games. Definitely MUCH more fun to watch than NHL playoff final last year.
Disagree about Kuznetsov, he played well, created a lot of scoring chances for partners. In the 1st period he stole the puck from Gorovikov and forced them to take penalty and Traktor scored a PP goal.
Traktor has to mature like Dynamo, AkBars. It takes time to pay dues. It's not their turn now (the team is too young), but time will come.
I love to watch how Traktor plays, don't blame Dynamo but all their goals are garbage goals: Dynamo is a team of workers, Traktor is a team of creators

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad