Gagarin Cup 2014 • Conference Semi-Finals • SKA St. Petersburg vs Lokomotiv Yaroslavl

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
Six games. Based on the first round, it's going to be whether the most entertaining series in the semis or another legendary pony choke.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
I agree I think this will be the best series of the PO, although was hoping to see SKA DYM series. Achilies heal for SKA has been goaltending in the past, Salak has been razor sharp so far, should be great!

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
I don't understand, how could've Dynamo and SKA met eachother in the conference semi finals, or does the best team play the worst? I don't get it :confused:

Domenica

I don't understand, how could've Dynamo and SKA met eachother in the conference semi finals, or does the best team play the worst? I don't get it :confused:

Dynamo would have been able to meet SKA in the final, not the semis. It's the highest seed against the lowest, second highest against second lowest. (Hope I'm explaining that right.)

SKA in 7 is my prediction.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Dynamo would have been able to meet SKA in the final, not the semis. It's the highest seed against the lowest, second highest against second lowest. (Hope I'm explaining that right.)

SKA in 7 is my prediction.

Hmm, it feels right but still not.. Shouldn't the team you play depend on how the playoff tree looks?

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
Hmm, it feels right but still not.. Shouldn't the team you play depend on how the playoff tree looks?
It all depends on the regular season seed, just like in the NHL. To be frank, the KHL playoff format is identical to the previous NHL format.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Loko are not only missing Chernikov today but Holos too. Their D looks:

Yakovlev - Kronwall
Vasilyev - Lyubushkin
Pashnin - Gorokhov
Vishnevskyi

Considering they are facing SKA offense that doesn't look good at all..

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
Cervenka is a beaut.

Panarin and Ketov are out for a month, which is troubling.

Kovalchuk doesn't seem to have plans to show up for the rest of the playoffs either. I'd cheer up a bit, if he scored at least that empty netter, buut...

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Kovalchuk doesn't seem to have plans to show up for the rest of the playoffs either. I'd cheer up a bit, if he scored at least that empty netter, buut...

Yeah, I remember people saying he's just "resting" or "waiting for the playoffs" in December.. Good times. How did he get so terrible I have no idea. Now he's pretty much Alex Perezhogin out there except that Perezhogin can score.

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
vader_nooo.jpg

RobertR

Jul 5, 2012
Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud 13m
Watching Lokomotiv Yaroslavl's goal in OT against SKA in Game 2, I am convinced now that in the KHL playing defense is punishable with death

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud 13m
Watching Lokomotiv Yaroslavl's goal in OT against SKA in Game 2, I am convinced now that in the KHL playing defense is punishable with death
Pretty much the entire game was like that. Salak has to stand on his head in this "no bottom" team.

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
Suberbad. The crowd is too loud, defense allows goals from one meter. I wish I was aboard the Lokomotiv bandwagon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad