Player Discussion: Gabriel "The Net Front King" Vilardi

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Two months since the trade and we’re already assuming he won’t stick around. Is this a new record?

I'm sure it's been less than that at one time, maybe. I think with Hayes it was a matter of hours 😂

Still, not the most ringing endorsement. We'll see.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm sure it's been less than that at one time, maybe. I think with Hayes it was a matter of hours 😂

I do think we need to cut a little slack. Let the guy get used to Winnipeg where every comment is dissected. It could very well have been a very innocent comment that he didn’t realize anyone would give a shit about.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

I didn’t make much from that interview at all, other than Friesen hopelessly trying to fan the flames of locker room dysfunction because drama creates clicks.

He was literally the first Jet in town, too. I really don’t see much evidence to support that he wants out already.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I didn’t make much from that interview at all, other than Friesen hopelessly trying to fan the flames of locker room dysfunction because drama creates clicks.

He was literally the first Jet in town, too. I really don’t see much evidence to support that he wants out already.

Yup, let the poor kid get used to the city, lrg and teammates.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I mean he's been here a couple of days.
I do think we need to cut a little slack. Let the guy get used to Winnipeg where every comment is dissected. It could very well have been a very innocent comment that he didn’t realize anyone would give a shit about.
I do think we have a bit of an inferiority complex in Winnipeg. I, too, find myself assuming no one wants to play here or that they would want out immediately if moved here but I think that’s a bit overzealous.

Are we the least desirable market in the league? For most players, yes, but dang, man, we’ve retained plenty of talent over the years, can’t we wait at least until Gabe has played a game before we start fretting about him wanting out?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

I couldn’t bring myself to click on a Friesen Winnipeg Sun article. It just feels dirty to do so. But saying that it is pretty easy to figure out what crap he wrote.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

I'm not saying he wants out right away. I thought the comment was funny, I guess having an inferiority complex and taking things too seriously applies to fan boards as well.

I'm just saying that I found the comment, paired with his comment earlier this summer about his girlfriend being from SoCal so she might not like it here, to be interesting. Maybe you and others are correct and I'm a bit gunshy given Dubois, and seemingly Hellebuyck rumoured not wanting to be in Canada. It's encouraging he's one of the first here and getting started. Hopefully he wants to stick around.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Professor Aavgard, is that you...:laugh:

No finnish …..:sarcasm:

mc-mahon-hey.gif

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I'm not saying he wants out right away. I thought the comment was funny, I guess having an inferiority complex and taking things too seriously applies to fan boards as well.

I'm just saying that I found the comment, paired with his comment earlier this summer about his girlfriend being from SoCal so she might not like it here, to be interesting. Maybe you and others are correct and I'm a bit gunshy given Dubois, and seemingly Hellebuyck rumoured not wanting to be in Canada. It's encouraging he's one of the first here and getting started. Hopefully he wants to stick around.
He has 4 years of control. Plenty of time to convince him. Just like PL.... Oh wait.
:naughty: :sarcasm:

Reactions: tbcwpg

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

I don’t look at it as that big a factor. Assuming for the sake of it that Gabe (or his girlfriend) would have preferred to stay in LA at this point he is finally getting paid better (by NHL standards) but he still needs to establish himself as a consistent performer in the NHL. The least of his worries is where he is playing for now, he really needs to play in the top 6, stay healthy, and kick ass for the Jets on this contract. I don’t think Gabe has the luxury of being picky yet. No matter what Chevy got 4 years of control vs 1 left from PLD.

As I have said before I moved around allot for work in my life and often to Cities I had no interest in living in or staying long term in but it never impacted my job performance.

Asking Chevy to not only get value on big trades but somehow find players who want to play here is going to be tough. IMO we just need guys that will be professional and play hard while they are under contract with us.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Just coming to say that I hope Vilardi mends fast and completely and then goes on to go on a tear and becomes the player he was always meant to be. It really sucks that he got injured, especially against the Kings, as there is no Kings fan or member of the organization that doesn't wish Vilardi the best career possible but especially the best of health and that all of his health issues are behind him permanently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad