Player Discussion Gabriel Landeskog-Value sky high, Nuge-low. But why?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Landeskog is traditionally a better goal scorer, better defensively, infinitely more physical and is signed to a cheaper contract.

Big physical players who can produce are always valued more in the NHL. It's why a 55 point Milan Lucic gets 6 million dollars in a year.

If Nuge had the type of value half this board thinks he has, he'd have been traded in the summer.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Landeskog is traditionally a better goal scorer, better defensively, infinitely more physical and is signed to a cheaper contract.

Big physical players who can produce are always valued more in the NHL. It's why a 55 point Milan Lucic gets 6 million dollars in a year.

If Nuge had the type of value half this board thinks he has, he'd have been traded in the summer.

Here's Spawn always here to throw shade over any positive RNH talk. Not that I disagree with you btw.
Better goal scorer, power forward, pretty good defensively and the cheaper contract as you say so I'd expect Landeskog to have more value in a vacuum but of course it all depends on team need, desperation of GM etc. so I could see some GMs holding RNH in higher regard.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Here's Spawn always here to throw shade over any positive RNH talk. Not that I disagree with you btw. Better goal scorer, power forward, pretty good defensively and the cheaper contract as you say so I'd expect Landeskog to have more value in a vacuum but of course it all depends on team need, desperation of GM etc. so I could see some GMs holding RNH in higher regard.

Lol, so you agree with me but still feel the need to "throw shade" as you put it.

Gee thanks :rolleyes:

I'm not starting these discussions. I'm just responding to them.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
It's only Hfboards opinions on their value were looking at, not real life. There's lots of NHL higher ups that have said nice things about RNH's game, moreso than Landeskog. I think RNH has had a slight edge over Landeskog since they entered the league, plus he plays a more important position. So yeh I agree, the values are wack around these parts.

Yep. Look at what Friedman posted about RNH in the aftermath of the RyJo / Jones trade and then compare that to here.

If Landeskog played for a Canadian team his value would be horrible on HF.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I agree with this but RNH isn't very good. Both are more of a complimentary players. Landeskog I see as a better fit on the Oilers. Having him on the team push the Maroon and Lucic down as RNH is stapled on the 3C with 6M attached to him

For every Maroon deal there's a Reinhart deal. Don't expect to see this very often

I see Landeskog and RNH as very similar, with Nuge playing the harder position. Given how often Draisaitl is playing 1RW I think you're a bit too concerned about him being on 3rd line. i also see no benefit in pushing Maroon and Lucic down a line.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
remember right after the Yak trade I created a thread about who the new whipping boy would be--pissed off a lot of posters

some of those same posters are leading the charge to run eberle and nuge out of town--why? because

I also see the same posters who are the Yak haters/RNH+Ebs supporters before the season started now want to see RNH and Ebs traded. :laugh:

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Lol, so you agree with me but still feel the need to "throw shade" as you put it.

Gee thanks :rolleyes:

I'm not starting these discussions. I'm just responding to them.

It was mostly tongue in cheek, don't take it too seriously.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I think the main reason is because one of them is a lot more likely than the other to get traded right now. Since the Oilers are the better team, some people seem to think they'd be happy to let Nugent-Hopkins go for nothing.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Yep. Look at what Friedman posted about RNH in the aftermath of the RyJo / Jones trade and then compare that to here.

If Landeskog played for a Canadian team his value would be horrible on HF.

Lots of truth in this. If you're playing on a Canadian team everybody is going to see you play a lot and because of that, know what all your warts are. Playing in Colorado, especially this year, and other quieter markets means you get less exposure and remain more of a mystery.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Because RNH is an Oiler and his every move gets scrutinized by the media/fans.

Also, HF boards isn't a good indicator of a players value, we're just a bunch of hockey nerds with a herd mentality that make certain players look good/bad

You're just angry because we think you suck at running a power play ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad