Gabriel Landeskog to have DOPS hearing for cross-checking Matthew Tkachuk (UPDATE:Suspended 4 games)

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Sounds like Landeskog apologized after the cross check and Tkachuk isn't mad.

Landeskog seems remorseful and that's a good sign. These are kids, remember. Most of us were part of at least a couple altercations during sports and at the bar from time to time at that age. It happens.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
The analogy may not have been great, but I'm fairly confident it was made in jest. Also, a court is unlikely to take "the man who was shot was a dbag" as mitigating evidence.

You think a guy who shoots a nun in the face gets the same punishment as a guy who shoots a drug dealer in the face?

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
So Patrick Kane cross checked some Nashville player square in the face tonight, I'll bet he doesn't even get a call from player safety, because there is absolutely no consistency. Landy gets 4 games, Kane will probably get zero for essentially the same action.

proof.

Reactions: Goulet17

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Haven't read the whole thread and agree with the suspension, but this is just sour grapes. Landy wasn't even paying attention to be intentionally doing anything. He was just being a reckless oaf on that throwing an extra crosscheck he shouldn't have.

There's a line between physical and stupid and Landy crosses it more than he should.

Ducks fans can't have it both ways though, both Landy and Barrie did not end Despres' career.
I'm ok with saying Landeskog ending Despres' career. Landeskog is a dirty player who shows zero remorse for his actions.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Not that it should weigh into the length of suspension, but Landy is player that wrote a Players' Tribune article about concussions and should hold himself extra accountable for these types of plays. I get from his comments and the no appeal that he feels along the same lines and hopefully the 4 game suspension serves him well to clean it up.

Reactions: MacBradley

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I think you're confusing Tkachuk with Doughty, Tkachuk may act like a puke from time to time but he doesn't hide behind teammates.

Are you serious? Tkachuk hides behind teammates all the time, he hid behind about 5 or 6 a few weeks ago in the Witkowski incident.

Tkachuk is a weasel, coward, instigating puke of a human being.

4 games is too much for Landeskog, it should have been two at most but I would enjoy watching Tkachuk taking that treatment every night until he has balls enough to walk his own talk.

but alas we all know he won't do that.

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
I like how landy feels bad after this one. Ha. Where was the remorse when he ended Despres career? Guy is garbage all around. I've seen him do needless dirty plays over and over.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
So Patrick Kane right after this incident cross-checks Kevin Fiala in the face and nothing from DoPS. But the league was on top of things when it gave him a $5,000 fine for a vicious two handed slash (baseball swing style) to the legs of Ritchie for an incident occurring in the same week as the Fiala incident.

Makes sense to me.

I am sure plenty of people on these boards can rationalize it away.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
So Patrick Kane right after this incident cross-checks Kevin Fiala in the face and nothing from DoPS. But the league was on top of things when it gave him a $5,000 fine for a vicious two handed slash (baseball swing style) to the legs of Ritchie for an incident occurring in the same week as the Fiala incident.

Makes sense to me.

I am sure plenty of people on these boards can rationalize it away.
These two incidents seals it for me with the DoPS, you play for a big market team do whatever you want, you won't get a suspension. You play for a smaller market team, the league is going to make an example of you and punish you severely.

What a f***ing joke, f*** off DoPS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad