Player Discussion Gaborik and Demitra or Zuccarello and Kaprizov?

Choose your weapon

• Total voters

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Minnesota only had Pavol Demitra and Marian Gaborik for two seasons, so it's a little unfair to compare the two. But between the two pairings who would you rather have? Zuccs and Kap or Gaborik and Demitra?

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
If all are healthy at at their peaks for this team, it’s Gaborik and Demitra.

There’s a drop off from Kaprizov to Gaborik, but there’s a large gulf between Demitra and Zuccarello.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
If all are healthy at at their peaks for this team, it’s Gaborik and Demitra.

There’s a drop off from Kaprizov to Gaborik, but there’s a large gulf between Demitra and Zuccarello.
Agreed.

Though I think recency bias will heavily influence the poll.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Tough because Kaprizov is the best of the bunch by a noticeable margin, while Zuccarello is the worst of the bunch by a noticeable margin. Maybe I'll let the fact that Demitra was a center be the deciding factor for me.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Never heard of Demitra, traded or moved 5 times. It looks like he played a couple of seasons here, and then he wasn't even a ppg player.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
lol @ troll...it's what the stats told me.
Don't take this the wrong way. I love Zuccarello, and I think Zuccarello has been at least as good as Demitra was for the Wild, if not a little better, but if I were to take the prime of either player, I'd take Demitra and promptly forget Zuccarello's name. It's not a crime that you don't know who Demitra is, but it's a little bit like someone 10 years from now not knowing who Ryan O'Reilly is.

Zuccarello and Demitra are a wash to me, the supporting cast. This poll was won by Kaprizov being better than Gaborik. Even in his best offensive seasons, Gaborik was electrifying, but didn't match what Kaprizov is currently doing. Gaborik had more speed, but Kaprizov just has WAY more tricks up his sleeve.

Reactions: thestonedkoala

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
As good as he was, I wasn't really that big a fan of Gaborik. His demeanor always felt to me like he didn't want to be here. And to me, if players don't want to be here, then get them the f*** out. Get the best return you can for them and they can be someone else's problem. Also didn't like the fact that he was a floater that was injured during a lot of his time here. Demitra was great with the Blues, but by the time he was here he was on the downswing of his career and I don't remember him being anything more than ok.

Kap / Zucc get my vote.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I also don’t recall Demitra being much more than “good” while he was here. I’d put Zuccarellos creativity with Kap ahead of what Demitra brought.

As was said recency bias plays a role here but as I recall it’s Kap and Zucc for me and it’s not particularly close

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Demitra was a very good player and it's a shame that his life ended too soon because of shoddy Russian airline oversight. I know Gaborik has "franchise" status but yeah Kaprizov by far has more overall skill and creativity and -- one hopes -- durability. I thought of Gaborik whenever I watched Taylor Hall in his younger years: blazing speed and constant fear that his groin was going to explode. Zuccs is not quite at the same level but he is an easy player to cheer for.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
demitra had talent however imo he didn't give 100% every night which i feel the possibly less talented zuccarello does. so i would pick kaprizov & zucc. imagine this team with prime walz & clutterbuck!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad