Gabe Guertler - Fargo Force (2013 NHL Draft)

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Poor Gabe Guertler has had a lot of ups and downs in the last little bit. He seems to get snubbed a lot. Didn't make the NTDP. Wasn't invited to the All American Prospects Game. No invite to the WJAC.

Yet he leads the entire USHL in goals as a first-time eligible. Some things are finally starting to go right, and he has an idea why:

I think a lot of the little things. Before and after practices I’ve been working on shooting and the skills parts of my game. I’m shooting the puck a lot more this year and I’m going to the net more and my line mates have also been working well together.

http://futureconsiderations.ca/guertler-battling-through-draft-year/

Between the Hlinka and his start, why isn't he getting more buzz?

IkeaMonkey*

LOL. I won't touch this one. Though my sentiments are well documented in the American thread...

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
LOL. I won't touch this one. Though my sentiments are well documented in the American thread...

I've kind of kept track of him due to Dominic Toninato playing with Fargo.

He seems to be a one-dimensional scorer.

IkeaMonkey*

I've kind of kept track of him due to Dominic Toninato playing with Fargo.

He seems to be a one-dimensional scorer.

Ooooohhhh, you baited me by replying.

He's got great tools. Skating, stick handling, vision. Really good stuff.

Off the puck and after whistles, he's a huge liability. He's good for one dumb retalitory penalty every single game.

Off-but-on topic: Last year, I was a big fan of Toninato's, pushing him ahead of where my scouting service had him I believe at year end and he went pretty much where I peg'd him. To me, he's a "solid" hockey player. Looks like one, skates like one, scores like one. I knew he'd be drafted after the season in Duluth. He doesnt have many if any sexy tools, but he's a player. Probably a longshot to make the show, but I could see where he would fit in...

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
He will be a guy that will be #1 on alot of tier II lists. Once all these guys are gone lets take a shot on... Seems like that should put him any where between late 2nd to early 4th. There are many things that will happen before draft day. It has been said, not great in any area but solid across the board. If he can play better on the PK that will really help him with his solid not great abilities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad