GDT: G81: WPG @ MIN - 7PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Excellent strategy turtling not to get hurt for 2 periods while the game spirals and then attempting to show up for the 3rd. If they’ve given up ice an ahl squad. If they haven’t given up then bring everything you have and attempt to be a well oiled machine heading into post season. Whatever this idiocy they’ve been doing is probably puts players in a more dangerous position than actually playing.
We gave up 4 shots in the 1st period...

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Holy Hellebuyck! I think the Wild win that game more often than not, but if Hellebuyck plays like that it's hard to beat the Jets. Gotta have Gus in the net against him in a series.

I found Bowness' reaction to Reaves in the final minute very funny, in a the shoe's on the other foot sort of way.

Reactions: Sweetnut

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
The Jets are a fringe playoff team because of their goalie, which we evidenced first-hand last night. We didn't get outplayed by them. We got outscored by them.

Either way, none of it has anything to do with "turtling".
I must be watching a different team because if you can describe what the wild have done the last 5 games as anything other than turtling I’m not sure what to say

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I was at the game at the X vs Vegas. I’ve never seen a team lay down like they did the first period.
So you're saying that they went into a completely defensive shell and didn't try to generate any sustained offense whatsoever for that period? Or did they maybe just get outplayed?

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
So you're saying that they went into a completely defensive shell and didn't try to generate any sustained offense whatsoever for that period? Or did they maybe just get outplayed?
I’m saying they put forth zero effort and seemed 100% disinterested in doing anything to do with playing hockey

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Forget about the Jets game. The Wild have settled for 3rd spot, they don't care about home ice, and this sloppy game was a result of that.

The Preds are also fighting for a playoff spot, but that game means nothing to us. Keep our top players far away from it.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Forget about the Jets game. The Wild have settled for 3rd spot, they don't care about home ice, and this sloppy game was a result of that.

The Preds are also fighting for a playoff spot, but that game means nothing to us. Keep our top players far away from it.
Not anymore.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023

No, Preds are done for the season. The only teams left to fight for a spot is Islanders and Pens. Islanders clinch with 1 points vs Habs

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
You know how you can usually tell who the “fake” tough guys are versus the “real” tough guys? Look at the body language of the two coaches. Dean would f*** their coach up.
I'd be a little intimidated too if that psychos eyes were just drilling into my soul. Lol. My money would definitely not be on Bowness!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'd be a little intimidated too if that psychos eyes were just drilling into my soul. Lol. My money would definitely not be on Bowness!
5f761291801fa.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad