GDT: G8: Kings at Wild - 7pm CT (FSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
How was Johansson - Ek - Kaprizov?

Good while it lasted. Goals 1 and 3 were from how that that line was playing.

Fiala getting the gate messed up the lines. Then being on the PK so much messed up the lines even more.

Reactions: Lapa

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I thought the line was good till it was broken up. MoJo had his best game, probably. I was worried that JEE would defer to others, and be a little hesitant. I needn't have worried, he was completely oblivious and just did his own thing. I think was KK was kind of amazed by him, sorta like Cro Magnon man would be amazed by a Neanderthal. Still want to see JEE -Fiala - KK. I think Sturm can take over on the GEEF line, and they will still be a good shutdown line.

pfunk

Jul 1, 2019
How was Johansson - Ek - Kaprizov?

Box score they’ll look fine but Johansson to me was noticeably the weak link. Credit to him on a great pass to Kap and for burying his chance from the top of the circle but he has still been underwhelming for me. Can’t receive a pass cleanly to save his life and possession game isn’t strong.

Good thing is Ek looked good and Sturm looks like he can fill that 3rd line C spot just fine. He is quite fast and while he doesnt have the same strength Ek does he is a good fit in that role. Hope we see the same against the Avs but the new lines looked good for the first run.

Reactions: Lapa

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I thought the line was good till it was broken up. MoJo had his best game, probably. I was worried that JEE would defer to others, and be a little hesitant. I needn't have worried, he was completely oblivious and just did his own thing. I think was KK was kind of amazed by him, sorta like Cro Magnon man would be amazed by a Neanderthal. Still want to see JEE -Fiala - KK. I think Sturm can take over on the GEEF line, and they will still be a good shutdown line.

The problem with that is the Greenway/Sturm/Foligno becomes the 2nd line by default. No combo of Bjugstad, Bonino, MarJo, Parise, and Zucc sound like a line I want to see on the ice.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Parise- Bonino- MoJo/Zuc can be the second line, though i would really like to see Greenway move up to the top 6 as well as JEE.

I'm happy that MoJo got on the scoresheet and made that really nice pass to KK, but i am still not convinced about him or Bonino.

Oh, and i thought Khak was good tonight. He doesn't play big in the net, and his glove work seems uncertain at times, but he is very quick side to side, and on wraparounds.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’ll be interested to see if Fiala is going to have to answer the bell for that hit next time these two teams meet

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I’ll be interested to see if Fiala is going to have to answer the bell for that hit next time these two teams meet

There is no reason Fiala should have to engage in anything remotely close to a fight the next time we play them. And I think he's smart enough to understand he should just skate away. If the Kings players want to exact revenge, Greenway, Foligno or Soucy can step up.

And if the Kings players get mad that Fiala won't fight someone and start taking runs at him, then Greenway, Foligno or Soucy need to start putting heads through glass.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Those days are gone. If anyone puts his mitts on him someone else has to jump in, unless it's a real lightweight and they have a slap fight. You could see that he wasn't doing it to hurt the guy, but just got impatient and overzealous on the ice. As soon as it happened he was concerned, and checked to see that he was ok...it was a bad hit, but the guy is anything but a predator.

Fiala is probably our most talented forward, but his emotions get the best of him at times. If he can get them under control and stay focussed it will make him even better.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Day after thoughts...

- I think Bjugstad is looking better. Still obviously not suited for a 1st or maybe even 2nd line center role, but he's contributing. Kinda forgot Parise was playing in this game, didn't see him much.

- Thought Johansson played well for the most part...although that 4 on 1 pass was one of the most hilariously awful things I've seen in a while. Good that he was able to keep at it and score not long after.

- Kaprizov and Fiala are simply electric. I just hope they find a way to get a team put together before these guys get beyond their prime.

- I think Sturm continues to look better and better. Very impressed so far.

Probably not much else to say that hasn't been said already. One thing I was annoyed with was watching the game on TV...#1 A couple times it sounded like Lapanta was ahead of the video feed (just a fraction). #2 The crowd noise in the 3rd was way too over the top. I just don't want any fake noise while watching a hockey game. Maybe it doesn't bother me as much watching other stuff. #3 I think Lapanta finally got an odd-man rush correct when he said the Wild were 4-1 on that Johansson play. I feel like every single game he says the Wild have numbers and it's a 2 on 2 at best :laugh:

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad