GDT: G79: Blues @ Wild - Showdown at Dusk! (7pm CDT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
I think the Wild use Walz to determine how long Kaprizov shift length is. “Well Walz just took 2 minutes to explain that in one breath. Kap can match that!” You just know that’s what Evason is thinking….

• Haha
Reactions: Sweetnut

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Great. Gophers turtle, and Q scores with EA to tie the game. Wild are turtling now. Why!?!?!!?

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
A8F9526D-979A-4189-9042-98C58B98E0BE.gif

Reactions: 57special

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
For anyone who has not seen a concert at Us Bank. Do not go unless it's top band of yours. Just awful. Two of my favorites are Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters. I was planning on skipping Foo's concert last summer, unfortunately it got cancelled. I not sure there is anyone other than Pearl Jam that I would attend a show there.

Speaking of which, sounds like a pair of Pearl Jam concerts over Labor Day weekend, would guess Xcel but all the hints from PJ have been Minneapolis. Could end up being one. Sounds like announcement is Monday. If your interested in tickets easiest way to get them is through ten club. Have to be a member before the announcement.

Go Gophers, Go Wild Ski-U-Mah

The sound was much better than I was expecting. In fact I’d call it on par with other large venues I’ve been to. The only real issue I had was Chad Smiths hi-hats didn’t come through well and that may be intentional from the sound booth for this specific venue.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The sound was much better than I was expecting. In fact I’d call it on par with other large venues I’ve been to. The only real issue I had was Chad Smiths hi-hats didn’t come through well and that may be intentional from the sound booth for this specific venue.
As I said before... Good sound engineers can really make things work well.
That's why it's so jeckle and hyde, not all sound engineers know how to do things properly for challenging sound situations.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
That's why it's so jeckle and hyde
To a certain extent, yes, but there are some venues that have wonderful acoustics , others that are a nightmare.

Reactions: TaLoN

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
That's why it's so jeckle and hyde, not all sound engineers know how to do things properly for challenging sound situations.

I chose seats directly in front of the stage hoping to avoid some of the echo. That is probably better than the sides or upper deck

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
To a certain extent, yes, but there are some venues that have wonderful acoustics , others that are a nightmare.
I agree, but the naturally good acoustic venues leave little for sound engineers to do. A venue like US Bank Stadium has proven it CAN sound very good with the right work... whereas the metrodome NOBODY could make it sound good at all.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I was only able to get upper deck for Metallica in 2016
I’ve seen Metallica twice and I thought they were pure shit both times. Might have something to do with Lars literally being the worst mainstream rock drummer of all time and a huge douchebag also lol. I want to go see PanterA with Zach and Charlie filling in so bad but I’m never paying to see Metallica again even though I love James and Kirk as writers and musicians.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I’ve seen Metallica twice and I thought they were pure shit both times. Might have something to do with Lars literally being the worst mainstream rock drummer of all time and a huge douchebag also lol. I want to go see PanterA with Zach and Charlie filling in so bad but I’m never paying to see Metallica again even though I love James and Kirk as writers and musicians.
Couldn't disagree more, but whatever.

Best concert I ever went to was Metallica in 2000 at the Target Center. They had a 360 degree stage, I was 2nd row on the backside of the stage, when when they came out on stage, I was just out of reach of getting a high 5 from Newsted. They played for more than 4 glorious hours! :D

It was the first of 3 consecutive nights they played there on the last stop of their tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad