GDT: G76: Capitals @ Avalanche | 4/18/22 | 9:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Are you an Avs and VGK fan at the same time?

Been an Avs fan since I got into hockey in the 90’s. I live in Vegas and played college hockey at UNLV in the ACHA. Avs are my favorite, but I like showing support for the Knights if that makes sense. A lot of Vegas fans that have been hockey fans for a long time are similar just with having a favorite team but still follow the Knights.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Two goals from Jack Johnson doing Jack Johnson things but good teams pounce on whatever gifts are given. Avs are missing some top tier guys but they’re still a top squad even without those players. Keeping a team with Makar, MacKinnon under 2 goals is very impressive

Reactions: Neil Racki

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Been an Avs fan since I got into hockey in the 90’s. I live in Vegas and played college hockey at UNLV in the ACHA. Avs are my favorite, but I like showing support for the Knights if that makes sense. A lot of Vegas fans that have been hockey fans for a long time are similar just with having a favorite team but still follow the Knights.

Right, makes sense. I’m sure it must be super conflicting at times. Last year’s playoffs were heated between the two!

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Any time I want to complain about Kempny being our 7/8D I'll just rewatch this game and thank my lucky stars that we don't have to worry about Jack Johnson suiting up for this team.

The Avs are one stacked team. They were sitting Devon Toews and EJ and they're still missing Kadri. That means they're a lock to lose in the first round because hockey.

Edit: and Landeskog. Wild.

Double edit: that was a vintage Burakovsky game. Skate really fast into a crowd and lose it at the blue line a few times, get pummeled along the boards and lose possession a few times... just like old times. Still rooting for him though!

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Two goals from Jack Johnson doing Jack Johnson things but good teams pounce on whatever gifts are given. Avs are missing some top tier guys but they’re still a top squad even without those players. Keeping a team with Makar, MacKinnon under 2 goals is very impressive
Just laughing thinking about Jack Johnson and Schultz as a dee pair. No wonder pens fans hated them!

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Joe B said something about the Ovie goal being a broken play after Carlson shot missed the net. Kuz said Joe B was ‘absolutely wrong’ and that it was a set play. Couldnt tell if he was joking, but he definitely didnt smile.
yeah… that was funny. Kuzy looked pissed that Joe B didn’t realize it was a set play. Said it twice. Haha.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
fxw0.gif

lotty83

Jan 20, 2022
Had my own game tonight so only got to see the third period- but seems like it was a great effort. Seems like shot blocking was a difference tonight. Great win boys!

PS- why is Orlov not on the 2nd PP over Schultz? Orly is arguably our best defenseman. Would love to see him take that spot.

Peeri

Jan 13, 2016
Western Finland
Didn't see the game, but how was that 2nd Colorado goal actually approved even after review? Yeah right, you can push goalie into goal and it's a good goal, remember that guys.

Edit: Big win.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Die Hard Caps fan, but live in LA for the last 13 years. Followed the Kings closely with their 2 Cup Wins in '12 and '14. Total joy to watch 3 Cup Wins with the 2 teams I root for.

Reactions: Puckstop40

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Didn't see the game, but how was that 2nd Colorado goal actually approved even after review? Yeah right, you can push goalie into goal and it's a good goal, remember that guys.

Edit: Big win.
Because it was not the Rangers, Pens, Bruins, Bolts or Flyers in the Caps position! As a goalie myself, I'm still disgusted with that review call. Sammy's left leg pad was impeded from holding position to keep the puck from crossing the goal line. He tried to keep the leg pad in place as he was attempting to cover the puck with his glove. The problem for Sammy was the Avs players stick jabbed Sammy's leg pad pushing his leg back. It doesn't take much force from a players stick to push back a goalies leg pad when they are in the butterfly position. The only thing Sammy could have maybe done is place his glove behind his leg for leverage. It was all in a few split seconds, so not much more he could have done. I really hate when the NHL/refs influence a game that they shouldn't have influence on. Mojo scored the winner, which I guess you could say was a blessing in disguise!

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Had my own game tonight so only got to see the third period- but seems like it was a great effort. Seems like shot blocking was a difference tonight. Great win boys!

PS- why is Orlov not on the 2nd PP over Schultz? Orly is arguably our best defenseman. Would love to see him take that spot.
I think it's because Orlov is a left hand shot and the PP is designed around a right shooting D. But I sure would like to see anybody other than Schultz on PP2.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Outside of that Leafs game, Caps has found their groove lately just in time for the post season and it feels kinda good going forward. Now there's clearly improvements to be made but it feels infinitely better now than just a month ago. Would be sweet to move out of 8th seed though gotta say..

Beating the Avs is a feat, and it wasnt undeserved either.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Now that is a team that can win playoff games. What an impressive performance. I hope they bring this to Vegas as well, because they're hurting and ripe for the Caps to give them a hiding!

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
There were many good things about the game (MoJo shot the puck when we needed him to!), but what I liked the best is that they played like a team that knows what it takes to win. They were coherent and connected as a 5-minute unit all night (Kuzy talked about the importance of providing support in a game like this, and not stranding your mates) and when the Avs tried to be physical, they gave it right back to them only harder. And they buttoned down and battled like hell in the last 5 minutes when the Avs were trying to push. If you asked me what their identity "is", I'd say I dunno. If you asked me what it needs to be, it would be last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad