GDT: G76: Capitals @ Avalanche | 4/18/22 | 9:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I really expected Sammy to let in one after the upheld goal review.

pleasantly surprising win. That’s going to silence the gloom and doomers….
for a few hours….

Reactions: kicksavedave

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Why was this game so intense? Wasn't this a fairly meaningless game?

That was great hockey anyway. Awesome to watch.
Avs apparently had this one on the calendar as the only East team they had zero points from this season…

whatever works…..Caps need the motivational support lol…

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Didn't see the game, but how was that 2nd Colorado goal actually approved even after review? Yeah right, you can push goalie into goal and it's a good goal, remember that guys.

Edit: Big win.
Puck wasn’t covered, was just laying in front of the pad is why I assumed it was allowed.

Last edited:

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Didn't see the game, but how was that 2nd Colorado goal actually approved even after review? Yeah right, you can push goalie into goal and it's a good goal, remember that guys.

Edit: Big win.
I always thought the subtlety of the call was if the puck was under the pad and not in front of it.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Caps were measuring themselves against the best team in the league, and the Avs are trying to secure the PT (which we were told by HF was meaningless when the Caps won it back-to-back).
Avs had also won 9 in a row. They wanted 10+.

Big win. And wasn’t a fluke, no matter what the naysayers spout.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Avs apparently had this one on the calendar as the only East team they had zero points from this season…

whatever works…..Caps need the motivational support lol…
I believe it was actually that the Caps were the only team in the whole NHL that the Avs hadn’t gotten a point from this year - and now it will stay that way!

So we got that going for us, which is nice

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I believe it was actually that the Caps were the only team in the whole NHL that the Avs hadn’t gotten a point from this year - and now it will stay that way!

So we got that going for us, which is nice
hqdefault.jpg

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I really expected Sammy to let in one after the upheld goal review.

pleasantly surprising win. That’s going to silence the gloom and doomers….
for a few hours….

They'll be back.

But this little run here is why I don't get my panties in a bunch over a crummy losing streak in January, or scream to fire the coaches when the PP sucks. Its a LOOOONG season and the ONLY thing that matters in the whole 8 months of hockey, is how they play in late April, May and hopefully June. How they play in January means almost absolutely nothing to me anymore.

BTW, for all the gloomsters, Blaine Forsythe accepts your apologies.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Didn’t stay up after the second but glad they played well at got the two points. How in the world that second goal was allowed is beyond me. That was exactly the situation that rule is designed to prohibit.

Reactions: Drakon

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
They'll be back.

But this little run here is why I don't get my panties in a bunch over a crummy losing streak in January, or scream to fire the coaches when the PP sucks. Its a LOOOONG season and the ONLY thing that matters in the whole 8 months of hockey, is how they play in late April, May and hopefully June. How they play in January means almost absolutely nothing to me anymore.

BTW, for all the gloomsters, Blaine Forsythe accepts your apologies.
BF, is still garbage, he has a job because of Ovie and his shot.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
BF, is still garbage, he has a job because of Ovie and his shot.

Yeah, with specific regard to the power play, not seeing any changes when we didn't have the personnel available to properly execute our typical formula was frustrating as hell. It'd be one thing if it was still producing during that run, but we weren't scoring at all on the man advantage to the point where it almost seemed like a DISadvantage.

I mean, wasn't there a run of like a month where we didn't have a power play goal, or gave up more shorties than we had goals or something like that? I forget. It was some kind of glaring "WTactualF??" stat like that...

I know he has other responsibilities, and maybe the organization likes him, but I wouldn't mind seeing new blood in his spot.

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
Yeah, with specific regard to the power play, not seeing any changes when we didn't have the personnel available to properly execute our typical formula was frustrating as hell. It'd be one thing if it was still producing during that run, but we weren't scoring at all on the man advantage to the point where it almost seemed like a DISadvantage.

I mean, wasn't there a run of like a month where we didn't have a power play goal, or gave up more shorties than we had goals or something like that? I forget. It was some kind of glaring "WTactualF??" stat like that...

I know he has other responsibilities, and maybe the organization likes him, but I wouldn't mind seeing new blood in his spot.
Agreed. It would be nice to see some new blood and different ideas. Guy has done well for the long tenure though…most of the time.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad