GDT: G73: Hawks @ Wild 4pm CT/10pm Sweden/11pm Lapa (BSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Love the MarJo trade (but was VERY negative at the time). After being fairly positive with Klingberg, I'm neutral at best now.
GMBG should go crazy in the offseason and target all the Swedish players in the league, since Minnesota is already a big part of the swedish heritage in USA

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
1679788160167.png

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Reading though the comments it doesn't look like I missed much.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Fool’s gold, IMO. We are a decent team, but simply not cohesive enough offensively. Our goaltending looks to be good, though.
As long as you only run into greater fools...

I view this team, if they are to advance, as a more skilled version of the '02-03 team. The team is very similarly composed (minus the hall-of-fame coach, unfortunately). They almost certainly won't hold 1st in the division by the end of the regular season, I agree, but they could make waves in the playoffs with low-but-timely scoring and good goaltending from their platoon. They only need to hold that together for a month and a half once the playoffs start, and they've already proven they can.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
As long as you only run into greater fools...

I view this team, if they are to advance, as a more skilled version of the '02-03 team. The team is very similarly composed (minus the hall-of-fame coach, unfortunately). They almost certainly won't hold 1st in the division by the end of the regular season, I agree, but they could make waves in the playoffs with low-but-timely scoring and good goaltending from their platoon. They only need to hold that together for a month and a half once the playoffs start, and they've already proven they can.
The goaltending certainly has the potential to create an upset or two, much like that team, and MTL with Price a while ago.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Gus has a GAA close to 2 and a .932 ,it doesn’t take too much offence to squeak out a few wins. Gus sure doesn’t look flukey. If anything he looks incredibly steady.
Mind you I’m sure Deano will ignore the numbers and start Fleury.
I’m sure having Reeves the only scorer in a 1-1 game against a very young Hawks team ,until a defensive mistake late in the game has to be a little troubling.

Reactions: Bdub

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Gus has a GAA close to 2 and a .932 ,it doesn’t take too much offence to squeak out a few wins. Gus sure doesn’t look flukey. If anything he looks incredibly steady.
Mind you I’m sure Deano will ignore the numbers and start Fleury.
I’m sure having Reeves the only scorer in a 1-1 game against a very young Hawks team ,until a defensive mistake late in the game has to be a little troubling.

It takes some offense though, and MN getting 3g a game in the Playoffs isn't anything close to a lock. 33 games this year they've had less that 3g in regulation, that's 45%. 16 of their games they've score 1g or less in regulation, that's 22%.

There is no 3v3 or SO to bail the team out from their lack of 5v5 scoring in the Playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad