GDT: G69: Bruins @ Wild 1pm CT, 7pm Sweden, 8pm Lapa (BSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
So just a dumb thing to complain about with no thought added, gotcha.

I’ve added plenty of thought on my opinion on reviewing pointless things that have no actually impact on a goal being scored. Feel free to read it, I don’t have time to continue these conversations that are just going in circles. Everyone has their opinion on this, so why continue to waste time?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I’ve added plenty of thought on my opinion on reviewing pointless things that have no actually impact on a goal being scored. Feel free to read it, I don’t have time to continue these conversations that are just going in circles. Everyone has their opinion on this, so why continue to waste time?
It is strange to try to ask for something even more pointless to review than to discuss whether the existing review is pointless or not.

How about a discussion between existing reviews? Offside vs goaltender interference? Offside, not pointless, goaltender interference, pointless.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Offsides isn't pointless to a goal being scored. A review doesn't happen unless a goal is actually scored. A missed offsides isn't reviewed if a goal isn't scored within the same o-zone possession. It's 100% player controllable to stay onside. The refs get the blame for not getting right when it happened just like every other call they make or don't make. It's the players are the ones that are really at fault for being offsides in the first place.

The argument (really, an icing tangent WTF) is a house of cards built on the "I don't like reviews so it shouldn't be part of the game" and then try to justify that with randomness.

Reactions: Azrael89 and TaLoN

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I ain’t never seen no plants grow in a toilet!!!

crazy-toilet-planter4.jpg

No. Surprisingly (probably) these aren't mine...

• Haha
Reactions: TaLoN

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
So you couldn't score first the last 3-4 games, Majo? You had to wait till today when I was done with you and picked Ek? Really? That's how you want to play it?

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Offsides isn't pointless to a goal being scored. A review doesn't happen unless a goal is actually scored. A missed offsides isn't reviewed if a goal isn't scored within the same o-zone possession. It's 100% player controllable to stay onside. The refs get the blame for not getting right when it happened just like every other call they make or don't make. It's the players are the ones that are really at fault for being offsides in the first place.

The argument (really, an icing tangent WTF) is a house of cards built on the "I don't like reviews so it shouldn't be part of the game" and then try to justify that with randomness.

An illegal dump-in that results in the offending team to gain control and subsequently score a goal has exactly the same effect as a team gaining the offensive zone on an illegal offsides.

Neither of them are worth disallowing a goal over because they did not ultimately lead to being the main benefactor of the goal.

It is strange to try to ask for something even more pointless to review than to discuss whether the existing review is pointless or not.

How about a discussion between existing reviews? Offside vs goaltender interference? Offside, not pointless, goaltender interference, pointless.

You were the one that wanted to only discuss clear and obvious rules like a skate being over a line.

And yeah, they should remove GI reviews. If a goalie gets plowed over and a ref misses it, that’s on the goalie.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
An illegal dump-in that results in the offending team to gain control and subsequently score a goal has exactly the same effect as a team gaining the offensive zone on an illegal offsides.

Neither of them are worth disallowing a goal over because they did not ultimately lead to being the main benefactor of the goal.

Offsides goals should 100% be disallowed. It's a clear cut player of puck in the zone first. If the lineman gets it wrong then it's corrected as if he did get it right. The Wild just need to stop being sloppy and stay onside, it's something the players have had to deal with since they played full ice games at age 6 or 7.

Icing is a race to the puck, line changes, goalie playing it, etc. judgement calls that can negate it; on top of a puck on stick at the center ice line call. If it needs a review rule, then fine make a review for it. Really it's just a strawman argument.

But hey if you can get it pushed though, it'll be another way for Evason to lose a challenge and MN goes on the PK. So yay for stuff I guess.

Puck over the glass (delay of game) not being reviewable would have been a better choice for a comparison argument. It's black and white and play is already stopped because of it. Easy review right after it happened.

Reactions: 57special and TaLoN

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
This is getting weird yall. Some people don't like reviews (I'm in that camp) some like them, or at least feel like they add value. I don't think anyone's going to be changing their minds here.

Reactions: TaLoN

Wabit

May 23, 2016
This is getting weird yall. Some people don't like reviews (I'm in that camp) some like them, or at least feel like they add value. I don't think anyone's going to be changing their minds here.

Not Weird. Wild. :naughty:

I really don't care either way about reviews. They are a lesser evil than the adds on the ice/boards or Walz speaking for me.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Personally I’d like to see Zucc shoot when he’s standing in front of the net on a 5 on 3 rather than pass through sticks.

Walz should never be allowed in the booth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad