GDT: G66: Wild @ Sharks 9:30pm CT/4:30am Sweden/5:30am @Lapa (BSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Late game start, no Kap, and lose an hour of sleep time. I think this is the worst "Not weird. Wild." idea yet.
daylight-savings-meme-3.jpg

Let go Wild

Last edited:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Surely they can beat the Sharks without Kaprizov.

Right?

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Surely they can beat the Sharks without Kaprizov.

Right?
Well they just won a couple without his scoring, should be fine.

With all the jokes and laughter in the locker room yesterday it doesn't sound like they think the season is over. Others can score, Zucc needs to take Kap's sniper role, and Hartman has been pretty good lately. Steel didn't score much up there, but he created space and shooting lanes for his linemates.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Will be interesting to see how Zucc does during this stretch without Kaprizov

I expect less production without the superstar on his line. But he has 184 goals and 381 assists in 751 games. Should be just fine...

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
I expect less production without the superstar on his line. But he has 184 goals and 381 assists in 751 games. Should be just fine...

It wasn't a jab at Zuccarello but genuine interest since Kaprizov has barely missed any games up until this point.

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
Why isn't Walker playing? Hes a better player than half the wilds fowards. Not a good feeling about this one and the yotes tomorrow.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Why isn't Walker playing? Hes a better player than half the wilds fowards. Not a good feeling about this one and the yotes tomorrow.
He isn’t playing because he is ttotally unproven at the NHL level. Will likely be sent down as soon as Duhaime is healthy.

I will say that he if he isn’t an NHL’er now, then he will be if he can put on 10-15 good lbs to help him in puck battles. He’s got just about everything else. Don’t know how he didn’t figure that out in college, or have someone advise that was what he needed.

Last edited:

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
0g 3a 3pts in his last 9 WITH Kap. I'm not expecting it to be pretty. He's not been playing well
He leads the team in assists, and plays a ton of minutes.

I'm more worried about Boldy.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He leads the team in assists, and plays a ton of minutes.

I'm more worried about Boldy.
Boldy has been playing well, making plays. Zucc has been playing poorly fumbling prime chances served to him on a platter by the franchise all time best player.

Leading the team in assists goes hand in hand with spending the entire season to this point next to a player who was pacing around 50 goals.

Boldy didn't have that privilege.

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
He isn’t playing because he is ttotally unproven at the NHL level. Will likely be sent down as soon as Duhaime is healthy.

I will say that he if he isn’t an NHL’er now, then he will be if he can put on 10-15 good lbs to help him in puck battles. He’s got just about everything else. Don’t know how he didn’t figure that out in college, or have someone advise that was what he needed.

Most people I know had a hard time not putting on 10-15 lbs in college, lol.

To add to this. There really isn't a spot for Walker without switching the lines up.
-Putting him on the top line as Kap's replacement is just setting him up to fail.
-Steel did have a bunch of games on a line with Zucc earlier this year, and is somehow still 9th on the team for points, and 8th for goals.
-Marjo/JEE/Boldy are looking decent together.
-Sundquist is a new addition and the Foligno/Freddy G/Sundquist line is showing up on the score sheet.
-2 PKers on the 4th line and Reaves (who won't be put in the pressbox).

If Steel looks like he forgot to take off his skate protectors then Walker will get a chance.

Has Walker looked better in the AHL? I haven't watched Iowa since the end of Feb. He was looking off the last time I paid attention.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
0g 3a 3pts in his last 9 WITH Kap. I'm not expecting it to be pretty. He's not been playing well
Boldy has 1+2 in the last 9 games. Not like he’s playing with scrubs at this point.

I think Dean should consider moving Boldy up to the top line and inserting Walker with Ek and Marjo.

I smell double standards afoot. If it was Zucc who was injured, Wild fans would be rioting if Dean didn’t put Boldy next to Kaprizov.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Boldy has 1+2 in the last 9 games. Not like he’s playing with scrubs at this point.

I think Dean should consider moving Boldy up to the top line and inserting Walker with Ek and Marjo.

I smell double standards afoot. If it was Zucc who was injured, Wild fans would be rioting if Dean didn’t put Boldy next to Kaprizov.

Boldy/Zucc have 105 mins 5v5 ToI together this year and the results aren't good.

I don't see how putting a guy that shoots a lot but can't hit the broad side of a barn with a guy that has a good shot but forgets to use it is a recipe for success.

Reactions: HintHI
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad