GDT: G59: MIN @ TOR - 6 PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's 100% disingenuous. You're using points as the meter to judge these players, but you're not comparing their usage at all.

If Boldy is significantly better than Gaudreau, why can't he outscore Gaudreau at 5v5? Can you answer that?
You’re being silly

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
How ever you present the stats it still seems to the eye test that Boldy is not playing like a 7 million offensive threat. . Hopefully that changes soon.
He said he’s happy to be playing with Gaudreau and Green. Really? I guess I’d say just about anything for 7 x 7. 😊

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
I’d love to see a fundamental shift in the Wilds philosophy, and the fan base minds would explode. Maybe take a gamble for offense instead of a complete player for once. I get it Fiala is gone and there is nothing you can do about it now. So rather than beat a dead horse, look forward.

The reason they get the players they get is draft position. Offensively gifted players are non existent (almost) where they draft. So I guess if you want to be a Wild fan, you better like boring. The Wild play good defense because they have no choice that’s all they got, year after year. Unless they do something drastic, it’ll never change.

They got lucky with Kaprizov, and basically have 2 other offensive minded players on the team. The others could be swapped out with a bunch of other guys on other teams and offensively it really wouldn’t make a whole lot of difference. Biggest concern is how their contract fits and their defense along with goal tending.

Until the Wild get 3 or 4 more offensive players (centers would be nice) you will keep seeing arguments like the Boldy vs Gaudreau (which is kind of amusing).

Last year was fun to watch, now it’s back to the old way. Rinse and repeat. To expect a different outcome is a pipe dream.

I don’t envy Guerin, how to acquire offense when you can’t draft it from your draft position. You are finally getting a good prospect pool together (still need some high end guys) and can’t give it up to acquire offense at the deadline when it’s an overpay.

Easiest solution was to start the franchise some 25 years later like Vegas and Seattle so you get a leg up instead of toiling in mediocrity like the Wild and Jackets.

There I feel much better…

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
I’d love to see a fundamental shift in the Wilds philosophy, and the fan base minds would explode. Maybe take a gamble for offense instead of a complete player for once. I get it Fiala is gone and there is nothing you can do about it now. So rather than beat a dead horse, look forward.

The reason they get the players they get is draft position. Offensively gifted players are non existent (almost) where they draft. So I guess if you want to be a Wild fan, you better like boring. The Wild play good defense because they have no choice that’s all they got, year after year. Unless they do something drastic, it’ll never change.

They got lucky with Kaprizov, and basically have 2 other offensive minded players on the team. The others could be swapped out with a bunch of other guys on other teams and offensively it really wouldn’t make a whole lot of difference. Biggest concern is how their contract fits and their defense along with goal tending.

Until the Wild get 3 or 4 more offensive players (centers would be nice) you will keep seeing arguments like the Boldy vs Gaudreau (which is kind of amusing).

Last year was fun to watch, now it’s back to the old way. Rinse and repeat. To expect a different outcome is a pipe dream.

I don’t envy Guerin, how to acquire offense when you can’t draft it from your draft position. You are finally getting a good prospect pool together (still need some high end guys) and can’t give it up to acquire offense at the deadline when it’s an overpay.

Easiest solution was to start the franchise some 25 years later like Vegas and Seattle so you get a leg up instead of toiling in mediocrity like the Wild and Jackets.

There I feel much better…

It Might not be too popular but what you said seems to make sense. I Wasn’t trying to beat a dead horse but it just felt like a lot of $.I’m hoping it turns around soon.

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
It Might not be too popular but what you said seems to make sense. I Wasn’t trying to beat a dead horse but it just felt like a lot of $.I’m hoping it turns around soon.
I was just venting. Now a little humor for you.

I’ve resisted being a fan of all Minnesota sports teams growing up. The Vikings being the worst for me (I can thank my 2 sisters for screaming “Run Fran Run” every time Fran Tarkenton had the ball). Then in my upper 40s I got exposed to hockey and the Wild. So I picked them as my team. I was even warned about the boring hockey. So I may occasionally rip on the lunch pail guys they have, but at the end of the day they are my lunch pail guys and I’ll cheer for em every game.
So I’ve learned a few things about Minnesota sports, and especially the Wild. Please take this with a grain of salt. Humor is a good thing, and I hope you don’t take me too serious
1. Once on the Wild players are like gods. A player who is a bottom six gets traded and fans act like they are losing Gretzky. (actually it’s cool to see fans that compassionate.)
2. If players have offensive instincts, coaches will take care of that pronto. Defense, defense, and more defense.
3. Retreads are in high demand to the fans. If an ex Wild guy is available fans want them back. (Which is also kind of cool)
4. Minnesota, one of us! That seals the deal on a player.

So I guess at the deadline, instead of looking for offense, maybe we should see if they have any ties to Minnesota in any way, and if not, prerequisite number 2 is do they have ties to Pittsburgh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad