GDT: G57: Wild vs Philly 7pm CT/3am Finland (FSN)

Time to embrace the funk?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Who: Minnesota Wild (27-24-5) vs. Philadelphia Flyers (25-24-7)
Puck drop: 7:09 p.m. CT
Watch: FOX Sports North; FOX Sports app
Listen: KFAN FM 100.3, Wild Radio Network, Wild NHL App

The Wild will honor Joe Mauer at Tuesday's game. Mauer announced his retirement on Nov. 15 after a 15-year career with the Minnesota Twins that saw him win an unprecedented three American League batting titles as a catcher, the 2009 A.L. MVP Award and earn six All-Star selections. One of the greatest players in Twins history, the St. Paul native finished his career with a .306 batting average and 2,123 hits in 1,858 games.
Mauer will take part in a ceremonial puck drop before the game and family members will announce Let's Play Hockey and make a This Is Our Ice contribution from Lake Como before the game.
Wild players will wear custom Mauer No. 7 jerseys during pre-game warmups.

"Our urgency has been here for an awful long time. We just haven't gotten it done on a consistent basis. We can look like world beaters one night but the next night we just don't look good enough," said Wild coach Bruce Boudreau. "So it's one of those times where … for the last 26 games you've got to play to win. Like not that we don't play to win, but you've got to play playoff hockey every night."

Philadelphia will be playing the second half of back-to-back games following a 4-1 loss against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Monday.
Goaltender Carter Hart started against the Penguins on Monday, which could indicate Anthony Stolarz will get the nod on Tuesday. Stolarz has started nine games and is 3-3-3 with a 3.26 goals-against average and a .903 save percentage.

cbfff2801124dc246c1f9c27dc887689.jpg

Lets Go Wild.

Last edited:

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Might win 5-1. Might lose 4-0. Could win in a shootout 3-2. Could lose in overtime 5-4.

No possible outcome at this point would surprise me.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hockey players aren't funky, just their equipment.

Having said that, the Wild should try anything at this point!

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
"We can look like world beaters one night but the next night we just don't look good enough" - I guess this could be true, if you include non-game nights.

Completely unrelated to anything I expect to see tonight, here are harmless animals falling asleep:
980x.gif

SCJ9gIw.gif

photo.jpg

giphy.gif

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I couldn't tell what that was sticking up. I thought for a sec you had Koivu's spirit animal or something. :laugh:
All pet birds in MN are required to have a band on their leg identifying the breeder that sold them.

In Mikko's case, the band says FFSF MN 60 (the first letters meaning Flying Friends of St. Francis).

If he were to get loose, he could be identified and returned to the original breeder, who has records of their sales.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
All pet birds in MN are required to have a band on their leg identifying the breeder that sold them.

In Mikko's case, the band says FFSF (Flying Friends of St. Francis) MN 60.

If he were to get loose, he could be identified and returned to the original breeder, who has records of their sales.

I'm glad you typed out what the abbreviation meant. It's not what my mind was thinking when I read it. :laugh:

So the band is like a microchip for birds? Gotcha. I guess that's the new thing I learn today. :nod:

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'm glad you typed out what the abbreviation meant. It's not what my mind was thinking when I read it. :laugh:

So the band is like a microchip for birds? Gotcha. I guess that's the new thing I learn today. :nod:
Mikko has something else in common with Mikko now besides the name and Finnish colors (which I didn't even think of until months after I named him btw)... they both aren't playing and are left saying "Let's Go Wild!" on game day.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Turns out being bad has it's advantages. Just snagged some 4th row seats for $47 after fees. First game of the year I'll be at.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Advantages for non-season tix holders...
True. I used to have an 11-game package but had to sell at a loss a bunch of times. It's much worse this year too.

What's funny is that I got several emails from the Wild this week advertising how tickets start at as low as $58 (before fees), presumably for upper level end tickets. I think the sellout streak either ends late this year or early next year.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
True. I used to have an 11-game package but had to sell at a loss a bunch of times. It's much worse this year too.

What's funny is that I got several emails from the Wild this week advertising how tickets start at as low as $58 (before fees), presumably for upper level end tickets. I think the sellout streak either ends late this year or early next year.

I gave up mine a couple of years ago and I haven't regretted it at all. I might feel differently if I lived closer than 4 hrs away. That 8 hr round trip drive for 30+ games a year took a toll on me.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I gave up mine a couple of years ago and I haven't regretted it at all. I might feel differently if I lived closer than 4 hrs away. That 8 hr round trip drive for 30+ games a year took a toll on me.
Wow. :amazed: That's dedication.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Wow. :amazed: That's dedication.

I did it for 3 years. The 3rd year I was starting to find reasons not to go and selling more tickets. I haven't been to a Wild home game since.

I'd be really mad at myself this year if I had bought season tix. Too many duds at home, and the 2nd hand market is awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad